Model Cars Magazine Forum

One of my sons started this build a couple years ago.  One of the A pillars got busted and some parts got lost so he gave up on it.  I decided to build it for fun and this is the result.  Still somewhat incomplete without the door handles and a couple items under hood.

hh

shop truck 3.jpg

shop truck 2.jpg

Very cool looking shop truck.  As far as the door handles, just drill a couple of small holes at the rear of the indentation and stick some wire with a loop on the end into them.  Several of these older trucks had their handles removed because they did not work correctly and the driver simply hooked a piece of stiff wire to the inner workings and ran it through the hole in the door.  Or you could also leave the windows down and open the door using the inside handle.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, TarheelRick said:

Very cool looking shop truck.  As far as the door handles, just drill a couple of small holes at the rear of the indentation and stick some wire with a loop on the end into them.  Several of these older trucks had their handles removed because they did not work correctly and the driver simply hooked a piece of stiff wire to the inner workings and ran it through the hole in the door.  Or you could also leave the windows down and open the door using the inside handle.

Thanks for all the comments and this suggestion.  If'n I cannot find door handles to work I think I will do this.