Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 ford galaxie 500 ltd promo

michelle

this is the 66 ford galaxie promo i got at steel city comic con last friday  i only paid 10 dollars for it due to the broken and craked windshield posts  and wear on the chrome and scuff marks on the body  when trying to pop it apart it broke apart in lots of places like the attachment points for the chome to the body, the attachment points for the interior pan to the body ,3 of the 4 screw shafts had peices broken off, and part of the rear quarter panel   and when trying to fix both roof pillars which also fully broke from the body   the roof and part of both rear roof pillars broke from the body  but i got it all back together  i primed then painted the body gloss black and detialed the wheels and redid the chrome added extra detial paint to the  tailights and grille and head lights and to the body and interior 

20190417_112646.jpg

20190417_112650.jpg

20190417_112721.jpg

20190417_112744.jpg

20190417_112748.jpg

20190417_112808.jpg

20190417_112814.jpg

20190417_112836.jpg

Keep on building, you're doing a great job. 

Really, Comic-Con? You seem to be finding models in places no one else thinks to look!

I've found them at the Train Expo before, rare kits and cheap too! Never stop looking in obscure places for a find.

Edited by Oldcarfan27

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Keep on building, you're doing a great job. 

Really, Comic-Con? You seem to be finding models in places no one else thinks to look!

I've found them at the Train Expo before, rare kits and cheap too! Never stop looking in obscure places for a find.

thanks i was surprise to find non pop culture stuff for sale at a comic-con the vendor had several other promos some late 50's and early 60's cars and on station wagon  plus  3 vintage  kits a mpc  73 cougar the cat kit and a johan 72 torino race car kit and a  johan amc  rebel the machine kit  he wanted 30 for each of the kits and 35 for each of the promos this 66 ford galaxie 500 ltd promo only was 10 after he looked at it closely after i had walked away he tracked me down to offer it to me for 10 dollars