Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Pantera WILL have an engine!!

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, i have a ton more done on the Pantera!.....hope you enjoy!!

-Photo 1; After cutting open the rear vent, i notched out the areas for the muffler hangers to protrude.

-Photo 2; Now that i've removed the last remnants of the battery box, i can really start building the framework!

-Photo 4; I decided to start making a belly pan...

-Photo 5; I modified a Countach intercooler for the rear fan assembly.

-Photo 6; The hoods window always needed a stronger glue point, so i added a super thin strip to the top crossmember. You can also see the hinges, and prop shocks i made.

-Photo 10; Here you can see the muffler hangers...

-Photo 14; Here are the hooks for the hood hinges...it looks like they are too high, but.......

-Photo 15; ....it fits perfectly flush!!

DSCF8749.JPG

DSCF8750.JPG

DSCF8751.JPG

DSCF8753.JPG

DSCF8754.JPG

DSCF8757.JPG

DSCF8758.JPG

DSCF8759.JPG

DSCF8760.JPG

DSCF8761.JPG

DSCF8762.JPG

DSCF8763.JPG

DSCF8764.JPG

DSCF8765.JPG

DSCF8766.JPG

DSCF8767.JPG

DSCF8768.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

You work reminds us all why didn't anyone make this kit with an engine.  You great work so far shows it would not be impossible and they would probably still sell for 50% more than the overpriced Fujumi kit that is engineless.

Thanks alot, Rex!, i dont understand it either.....just keep forcing the same old cars on us....

4 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Great work so far Dann.  I just luv working stuff,  what did you use for the struts..??   Keep it up...I am enjoying this build. 

Thanks, bud!, i'm glad you are enjoying it!  I used spring steel rod, and black wire casing for the props.

Okay, everyone, HUGE goof-up here!!!...as Aoshima likes to do with several of their kits, Fujimi too, i was designing this hood to look like it could really open, but there is NO freaking way it could do this the way i mounted them....good thing its only temporary at this point. Originally i only planned on old school props, but for some stupid reason i tried to make struts out of them. They are going back to being plain old props.

For those of you that know me, I'm not too comfortable with tiny functional parts. To me, its a huge risk of breakage somewhere down the road, and many working hinges out there just dont look realistic enough for me. Aoshima has started a new way of having things open, which i like alot!  it gives me both an opening bit to show detail, but allows me to do better, more realistic parts. That being said, even though mine look functional, they would NEVER work the way i have them set up....thank, God its only mounted for testing!!...He was looking out for me!!

• 1 month later...