Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Pantera WILL have an engine!!

Dann Tier

On 3/2/2023 at 1:23 AM, beeRS said:

Great to see progress on the Pantera again. It’s always good to come back to shelved projects with ‘fresh eyes’. 

Cheers, Sunny! It can be good, yes, but in my case, i felt i had to redo most of what i'd done, lol, but its gonna be waaay better this time around!

Hey, everyone! Had a great week of progress...

-Photo 1&2; It took quite a while to remove all that bulky, brittle ground effects, and weird chin spoiler.

-Photo 3; I added temporary? rear hood supports, and canopy glued that bugger down so that i can blend it into the rest of the body properly.

-Photo 4; I used strips of angle styrene to make the door sill rockers. I also needed to notch them out to accept the roll bar.

-Photo 5; Just a good overall view. The hoods crossmember is waaay stronger, and i smoothed out the hood, and filled in the wing holes.

-Photo 6; This seam here splits the rear firewall/rear assembly from the rest of the chassis. It is temporarily tacked ito place while i do more work.

-Photo 7; These axel tubes are only being used for ride height, and close tire alignment in wheel openings.

-Photo 8; Seat change again!...Countach seats look better for now, lol. Starting to cut open the engine access panel in the firewall. The cover, and center column work is next.

-Photo 9; Killer ride height, but as you can see, the tires need to move forward a tad to center. My rear suspension assembly will be adjustable to fix it.

-Photo 10; This view of a Pantera is one of THE beastiest looks of any car ever. As you can see, i used thin strip styrene as a gap filler accross the horizontal of the hood lip?.

-Photo 11; The removal of all detail leaves me a clean, pure slate to create a simplified new look that shows the very unique shape of the front of this sweet car.

-Photo 12; A nice overall view again. I have also decided to open the bonnet...might as well at this point, right?

DSCF0600.JPG

DSCF0601.JPG

DSCF0602.JPG

DSCF0603.JPG

DSCF0604.JPG

DSCF0605.JPG

DSCF0606.JPG

DSCF0607.JPG

DSCF0609.JPG

DSCF0610.JPG

DSCF0611.JPG

DSCF0612.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Dann, very glad I heard about this build as I've been getting parts together to redo a Testors version that my son did long ago. A coyote engine will go in it, generously donated by Codi. As said earlier, thanks for taking time to document and share what you're doing. All this info is much appreciated!!

Dave