Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Pantera WILL have an engine!!

Dann Tier

5 hours ago, Madhatter said:

I can see my license just floating away when I look at those massive turbos.

I love those exhaust pipes on that middle one. Somehow I don't think they'd suit my daily drive though :D

LOL!!….i'd try really hard to make it my daily driver!!!!

44 minutes ago, Madhatter said:

I just came across this page and saw that there is a Pantera PE set in here (just over 1/2 > 2/3 of the way down) that may be of use to you: http://www.acustion.com/index.html2e.html

Thanks, bud!, I shoulda bought a set when I first saw them.....a couple years ago....been searching for that one, or the Studio 27 set....found out that they have been discontinued.....I will keep checking on ebay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
20 hours ago, cobraman said:

Three projects ?  This is the one I am most interested in but watching all. Don't get your parts mixed up .

Technically, Ray, i'm working on five....i got sucked-in because of my absence, lol   -I hope i dont get stuff mixed up, if i keep constantly kleanig-up, i will be all good!

1 hour ago, Dann Tier said:

Ever settle on something....tell people, then the next day have a better idea?......i did. There will be a suprise engine going into this bugger.....i had a brainstorm!!

All the time, especially with paint. Looking forward to seeing what you've 'decided on'. Great to see you back on this Dann.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 1:39 AM, Dann Tier said:

Ever settle on something....tell people, then the next day have a better idea?......i did. There will be a suprise engine going into this bugger.....i had a brainstorm!!

I'm dying to know what engine this is going to have. I thought the 427 TT was cool enough, but what do you have in store for us now?

Keep us posted.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:28 AM, beeRS said:

I'm dying to know what engine this is going to have. I thought the 427 TT was cool enough, but what do you have in store for us now?

Keep us posted.

....Its gonna be a shock, but i think its gonna be brilliant!!  I should be able to FINALLY post some updates later today!! -thanks for following!!

Hey, everyone!, here is my next update....FINALLY!!, thanks for being patient!

-Photo 1: I got a huge amount started on the rear frame work!...i need to finish the built-in roll bar, some intercooler mounts, and all the suspension bits.

-Photo 3; It works really well leaving the old rear area to help keep things all lined up while i fabricate. After i attach a rear mounting point, then i will get rid of all the rest of the original stuff.

-Photo 4: Here i made some really strong contact points around the interior tub...makes for a quick, no-brainer assembly.

-Photo 8: I needed to cut open the pulley access panel for more realism...i need to SB a better one.

-Photo 9: For anyone whose built this kit before, you know how sloppy/weak the front contact tabs are...i added better ones. 

DSCF8734.JPG

DSCF8735.JPG

DSCF8739.JPG

DSCF8740.JPG

DSCF8741.JPG

DSCF8743.JPG

DSCF8744.JPG

DSCF8737.JPG

DSCF8738.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier