Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Garage and Tools: WIP

David G.

I picked this one up a while ago and decided to start on it... finally.

Garage_00.jpg.35e00872539e12124756a6d1a749b539.jpg

I managed to knock the garage together in just a couple of hours but there are a lot of tools and other kit included with this.

Garage_01.thumb.jpg.305703f877a8a80f1c92d974a68325a3.jpg

There are several major items: auto lift, engine hoist, etc. My plan is to update this thread as I finish each of the various assemblies and tool groups.

Garage_03.thumb.jpg.e4303b00bdb38235ed4951f0059670ce.jpg

With the clear plastic enclosure, it will make a nice place to display all the tools and equipment that come in the kit.

Garage_02.thumb.jpg.c64e75420ada90a2468832c7d0bef14d.jpg

Once all the equipment is built and placed in the garage, there won't be much room for a car. Maybe Fujimi should have included a disclaimer. "Caution: May not be suitable for large American cars." Had I thought about it, I would have bought a second garage and built them joined together. Oh, well.

Garage_04.thumb.jpg.d0025935c759e7cc6a197f0519a2f1cc.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to comment.

David G.

Edited by David G.
typo

18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Looks like fun! Maybe a smaller car like a Model A Roadster or Coupe Would fit much better, and still look like and "american" garage...

-Rudy 

Thanks Rudy, I'm thinking about scratch building a larger garage bay once all the doo-dads are finished. In the mean time, I do have a Volksie Bug and a Meyers Manx.

David G.

Hello everybody. I have a couple more images to share with you.

This (obviously) is the auto lift. I decided to paint the base plate with caution stripes. It just seemed to be the right thing to do.

Garage_06.thumb.jpg.7f7a6ea99a6a23edcf36f91a8347f63c.jpg

I also had some trouble with the decals on the left upright and had to print a set of my own to use.

Garage_05.thumb.jpg.95da5b7084512be6057408bd161d731a.jpg

Well, there ya go!

As always, thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to comment.

David G.

Great job so far David. I have a bunch of these Fujimi kits as well as a few other brands too. I don't have the floor and walls kit though. I feel a diorama in my future although I don't have a place to put it. You may just motivate me to get mine down off the shelf.

Edited by gasser59

On 4/26/2019 at 6:12 AM, Gramps46 said:

Good looking lift, well done.

Thanks Gary.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, kelson said:

Nice weathering on the lift,i have so many of these tools and garage type kits I really need to build them:wacko:

Thank you Curtis. The nice thing about these tool and equipment sets is working on them a piece at a time you can get a feeling of accomplishment without a large time investment.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:53 PM, gasser59 said:

Great job so far David. I have a bunch of these Fujimi kits as well as a few other brands too. I don't have the floor and walls kit though. I feel a diorama in my future although I don't have a place to put it. You may just motivate me to get mine down off the shelf.

Thanks Brad. I remember all the detail you threw into your 1923 Ford Carny Wagon. A full diorama made by you would be mind-blowing. 

David G.

2 hours ago, David G. said:

Thanks Brad. I remember all the detail you threw into your 1923 Ford Carny Wagon. A full diorama made by you would be mind-blowing.

Oh I have built a diorama and used a number of these Fujimi pieces along with some of the Campus Friends figures although most of it was scratch-built.

IMG_2774.JPG

1 hour ago, gasser59 said:

Oh I have built a diorama and used a number of these Fujimi pieces along with some of the Campus Friends figures although most of it was scratch-built.

I do remember that one now, most impressive.

I ultimately plan to build something like that. The Fujimi one that I have is nice but it's just too small. I want to create "scenes" than take photos... like you did there.

David G.

I know it's been almost exactly a year since I turned in anything on this project, so here it is!

Garage_12.jpg.daa61571a1df992633dd5a8509e74863.jpg

The engine hoist.

Garage_13.jpg.a4685b6a360c7610b5626cee15545416.jpg

And here it is amidst the other members of its tribe.

Garage_14.thumb.jpg.5c83bc6091fea7542f03249b524c16e7.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to comment.

David G.

23 hours ago, randyc said:

That looks great!   Needs some decals to make it look truly "loved".  But looks very real.

Thank you, good suggestion.

Yeah, I'm rather surprised that there were no warning label decals for the hoist arm- "Caution Do Not Exceed..." etc. I do have some product and sponsor call-outs to put on it. If I can remember where I saw them last. :D

I'll have to see what I can come up with.

David G.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, it's been a while so I should probably post an update on this one.

After some added decals and weathering the rollaway is pretty much done.

Garage_15.jpg.c302e8fb556c9504b4d29d1fa9119a21.jpg

There are, of course hand tools to place in the open drawers... eventually. And maybe a spray of Dullcote or Tamiya flat clear. I haven't decided yet.

Garage_16.jpg.20ff37b82f56960b83b471e07f71a63b.jpg

I added an "I Love Model Cars" bumper sticker to the hoist arm. That will be all for this one unless something else catches my imagination.

Garage_17.jpg.6e7fe403dc78dae1cb50b22f6929de54.jpg

Last but not least, the newest addition to the Garage Hoard, BBS Crates. I may whip up some PO Shipping labels to stick on them.

Garage_18.jpg.d019b18863010c6d6f4373f2d28dbe92.jpg

And here are all of the current shop items in the garage.Garage_19.thumb.jpg.e2865239ab4b1aa6e7cb26f0dcd36607.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time to look and please always feel free to comment.

David G.

• David G. changed the title to Fujimi Garage and Tools: WIP