Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
David G.

Fujimi Garage and Tools

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Jantrix said:

I've been using this kit for my shadowbox dio. Real nice kit. I like what you have going on here.

Thanks Rob. It's a neat kit, just the tools alone would be worth the purchase.

14 hours ago, PHPaul said:

Question - Is the rest of the garage (walls and floor) going to be weathered to match the equipment?

No, the garage is not really suitable for displaying larger American cars so I don't actually plan on using the garage part for much more than storing all the bits and bobs as I complete them. I'm working on a larger photo diorama which is about four times the size of this one. The larger diorama will provide three or four shooting "locations" for photos. That's the plan anyway.

Thanks for the feedback,

David G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a seller on Ebay selling a 3d printed model car chassis dyno,it looks very nice!.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Great Work. I love it, but I've never let my tool box get that dirty. Since even a small one that size is about 3 Grand from Snap-on, they are WAY TOO expensive to let get that dirty.  That said, I have seen them look that way. Mine Though, even after 20 years, still looks almost new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kelson said:

There is a seller on Ebay selling a 3d printed model car chassis dyno,it looks very nice!.👍

Not quite the direction I plan to go but I may look into that. Thanks for the tip.

13 hours ago, alexis said:

Wow! Great Work. I love it, but I've never let my tool box get that dirty. Since even a small one that size is about 3 Grand from Snap-on, they are WAY TOO expensive to let get that dirty.  That said, I have seen them look that way. Mine Though, even after 20 years, still looks almost new.

Thank you. I actually dialed it back a bit on the tool box. When I saw it again the morning after I weathered it, I thought "Yeah, that's a bit much." and removed about half of the grime.

Thank you for taking the time to look, all comments are appreciated.

David G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading the start of the thread I was going to offer my garage kit to add to yours. As I read along I see you have decided to build something bigger. I like your weathering. I am still in the shiny-new phase of my builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

After reading the start of the thread I was going to offer my garage kit to add to yours. As I read along I see you have decided to build something bigger. I like your weathering. I am still in the shiny-new phase of my builds.

Thanks for your comment Bill, and your thoughtfulness.

 I like to build a wide variety of model types and styles. As I like to say, "Shiny and Dull, I build 'em all!"

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for posts of your work, I would enjoy seeing what you've done.

David G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That reminds me, it's time for an update!

Just a little one, but here it is.

The next little step I chose to take in this journey of a thousand steps is the oil pails. As I began to remove the handles from their sprues I realized that they were too thin. Way too thin. Though they looked great, I was unable to remove the handles without damaging them. I decided that the only way to go was to make my own out of music wire.

Garage_20.jpg.59cc411f2e86254d7eae472d79825e3b.jpg

 

With the biggest challenge of this little part of the project behind me, the rest of it went together rather quickly. The handles are bits of wire insulation.

Garage_23.jpg.09162d2a3a88a3526178a2dc9e0e2883.jpg

 

Here is a shot of the newest members of the garage settling into their new home.

Garage_24.jpg.8a32000e4406681afced9dba8890caa6.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to comment.

David G.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, David G. said:

Thanks for your comment Bill, and your thoughtfulness.

 I like to build a wide variety of model types and styles. As I like to say, "Shiny and Dull, I build 'em all!"

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for posts of your work, I would enjoy seeing what you've done.

David G. 

David, Thank you for your interest, below is a pic of my most recent build with a load of about half the stuff (not detailed yet) for my current build. Also a link to the Freightliner build.

 

IMG_1323.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for reference sake,  here is the Fujimi Garage using two wall and floor kits joined together:

workshop1-vi.jpg

I only used one Fujimi Tools kit, plus a scratchbuilt table, and bits and bobs from the parts bins.

The biggest drawback to this setup for me was the clear tops sag in the middle, due to not having any support.

I've considered getting a thicker piece of plexiglass to use as a top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

David, Thank you for your interest, below is a pic of my most recent build with a load of about half the stuff (not detailed yet) for my current build. Also a link to the Freightliner build.

 

 

Thanks for the link Bill. I did go check it out, you built a real sweet rig there.

 

6 hours ago, Bucky said:

Just for reference sake,  here is the Fujimi Garage using two wall and floor kits joined together:

workshop1-vi.jpg

I only used one Fujimi Tools kit, plus a scratchbuilt table, and bits and bobs from the parts bins.

The biggest drawback to this setup for me was the clear tops sag in the middle, due to not having any support.

I've considered getting a thicker piece of plexiglass to use as a top.

Thanks for the photo Keith, nice work on the tools and equipment.

When I bought mine I had no idea of how the size would work out as completed. Had I known, I probably would have bought two.

As it it though, mine's not bad it's just not suitable for large American cars.

Thanks again for the feedback.

David G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...