Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some odd and cool old drag cars

4 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

That one was actually a Street Freak--I remember it from Car Craft magazine. If I remember correctly after all these years, it had a Pontiac engine in it. :blink:

yes if you look close i believe you can see a passenger seat.

The Peanuts Ford was the first so called funny car I remember seeing. I was at a rather sad track in SoCal called Fontana based on its being in Fontana Ca. As I recall the car was pretty much all steal. The car appeared to be a full bodied 4 door with the engine where the dash board would be and the driver was in the back seat. I don't remember any ET's or speed but it was fun to watch.  

21 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

yes if you look close i believe you can see a passenger seat.

There may be a passenger seat, but I sure wouldn't ride in it; that thing is scary.

That El-dog came to our local dragstrip, but they could not get it fired up or were having problems with the engine so it didn't run.  Of course there were five others there that put on an excellent show. 

Edited by TarheelRick

22 hours ago, espo said:

The Peanuts Ford was the first so called funny car I remember seeing. I was at a rather sad track in SoCal called Fontana based on its being in Fontana Ca. As I recall the car was pretty much all steal. The car appeared to be a full bodied 4 door with the engine where the dash board would be and the driver was in the back seat. I don't remember any ET's or speed but it was fun to watch.  

that is a very cool car. id love to build it

5 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Some really wild stuff. Some I've never seen before too. Real cool. Spy Machine/Sinister Purpose looks like it'd be a handful of terror to drive.  :D

i read once it was powered by a 331ci sbc. the guy that drove the car said it only had rear brakes operated by a hand lever.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...