Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Corvette coupe

Limeyglue

Here is my wip of the revell 67 Corvette i scored off evilbay. I was going to use the body for another project but when i opened the box i decided to build it. I am building it box stock except for the wheels which are from the revell 32 ford kit but dechromed. iI have finished the chassis and interior and are now on to painting the body.

Thanks for looking Lee

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

Aaahhh! One of Revell's nicer kits! I'll be watching this one!

Too bad that Revell didn't do other 1/12's like this one. A '63 split window would have been nice........it would have been something if they got adventurous and made a 1/12 '57 T-Bird. B)

Keep up the VERY nice work!

26 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Aaahhh! One of Revell's nicer kits! I'll be watching this one!

Too bad that Revell didn't do other 1/12's like this one. A '63 split window would have been nice........it would have been something if they got adventurous and made a 1/12 '57 T-Bird. B)

Keep up the VERY nice work!

I am confused, the box says 1/25 scale but if each of the squares on the grid is 1 inch then it’s a 15 inch model. What scale is that?

OK, I must be losing my mind! :huh:

I thought this was the 1/12 car as the box art looks almost exactly like the car on that box. But indeed it's 1/25 and one giveaway is that the 1/12 kit body has a curious dip in the windshield header which this doesn't.

In answer to your question Dominick.............ROG's boxes are always a bit bigger than ours here in the US and you have to remember they're dealing with metric as opposed to our standard measurement. ;)

Thanks guys yes Bill its quite an old kit it says 1997 on the decal sheet! I have now painted the body in Tamiya titanium gold over silver and put on the decals next foiling the widow mouldings and a couple of coats of clear.

Thanks for looking Lee

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

1 hour ago, Limeyglue said:

Thanks guys yes Bill its quite an old kit it says 1997 on the decal sheet! 

"Quite an old kit"?:blink: That's a NEW kit to me! :unsure:

I'm working on several 1967 Corvette models that were made in...1967! B)