Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford GT

Gt fan

I started this one a months back and put it back in the box several times. Mainly to finish my Audi s1 rally car. This has been a chore, it’s been re-painted three times. Started out as French Blue. Then dropped twice with various parts flying off. It painted like the Shelby team GT 40 . Colors are semi gloss metallic grey and semi gloss black for the nose. Carbon decals ( Tamiya extra fine) were used in the interior and the rockers and rear diffuser and on the nose trim. As well in the engine area. Wheels are sprayed titanium silver. It has a gold huge to it. Not my best effort, but done. Just have to add the license plate. I wanna take a picture outside in the sun tomorrow.

030868CF-442F-43F6-8AAF-43CC01E3040E.jpeg

356FEE2E-30B8-46A8-A2B2-DBBB0B45D554.jpeg

AB491B63-5991-4C93-8D6E-51D3DEAD63ED.jpeg

85C934A7-1DC0-4B14-B1AD-12B9F16A302F.jpeg

D360572F-4373-4A2B-AFC1-072FFA75B4BF.jpeg

593CC841-2F87-4E89-9CA7-23294597C5C9.jpeg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

NIce build, Tim, with great details - how was the kit  (Tamiya, I suppose) ?

I must admit, I don't like the body line much - it looks "too modern" for my taste - probably because I'm a big fan of the mid-to late 60's "original" Ford GT...

Thank you for the comments. The kit is the new Tamiya kit. I’m a fan of the older ones myself as well,but got the kit at a good price. The kit is worth picking up. The engineering that Tamiya did on this kit is amazing. How thin the plastic is molded and how the kit goes together is quite special. I did have problems with painting the plastic had to wash and prime the body. Highly recommend the kit