Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Olds 442 Revell

A while back, I asked about the '71-'72 ram air hood for the Jo-Han kit, but the only response was to buy the Revell '72 H/O kit.  Missing Link sells a '70 ram air hood, but I'm not sure if it's for the Jo-Han or Revell kit.  I got the Jo-Han standard 442 hood (pictured above for those who don't know) of off Ebay, but don't know if it fits the Revell kit.  I'm not aware of a standard hood in resin.  

For those who don't know, the re-issued Jo-Han '70 442 kit (U.S.A. Oldies) has the '71-'72 442 interior, which is not the same seat pattern as what was used in '70.  You can get the '71-'72 front bumper/grille, and the '71-'72 hood, with the '71 or '72 (different taillights) rear bumper and make a correct '71 or '72.  The real '72 had black painted headlight bezels instead of the chrome used on the earlier cars.  I think the Testors kit is the same tooling as the '70 U.S.A. Oldies, but I'm not positive.  

Edited by Motor City
multiple 404 errors & font size