Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey all, 

I'm back into building again, been away for the past 9months or so due to life getting in the way and nullifying my mojo to build. As usual this site is always full of inspiration to keep building. As per what seems to be the normal model building MO most of us get a shot in the arm when new project idea hits us. 

Today the Jeep M-715 project build came across my fb feed and caught my eye  as something I would like to try and replicate as close as possible. Not wanting to buy yet another new kit I went searching on evil bay and was lucky to find the old release of the Jeep Honcho for $15.

A quick google search has revealed a ton of photo's. 

This project should hit the bench in a few weeks. 

IMG_5824.PNG

IMG_5825.PNG

This build is on hold until I can get a couple others off the bench. 

When I do get around to it this  will be the kit issue I will be using. I kinda feel bad about the prospect of chopping it up, it appears to be hard to find. I wasn't even looking and found it on evil bay cheap, $15cdn, even with postage it was cheaper then a new one. 

IMG_5906.JPG

You're in luck.  Revell reissued this kit about a year ago and is easy to find. My local Hobby Lobby has them on the shelf.  If you want to replicate the Jeep Truck in your photos, the front grill and headlight panel is made in resin from RMR to back date the kit to look like the old Jeep Gladiator.  I just picked one up from them at the NNL East show last Saturday. Good luck, I'll be following this project with interest.

Jeff 

20190430_165245.jpg

1 hour ago, Goose1957 said:

You're in luck.  Revell reissued this kit about a year ago and is easy to find. My local Hobby Lobby has them on the shelf.  If you want to replicate the Jeep Truck in your photos, the front grill and headlight panel is made in resin from RMR to back date the kit to look like the old Jeep Gladiator.  I just picked one up from them at the NNL East show last Saturday. Good luck, I'll be following this project with interest.

Jeff 

20190430_165245.jpg

Yes I'm aware of the newer reissue with the sled, just didn't want to spend the money on a new kit. Like most of us, I don't need anymore kits, but this idea is just to different to ignore. 

Interesting looking grill, looks like it could use some clean up.  I have a design idea for the grill of my own, I'll use the kit grill as a pattern.  Thanks for posting that bit of information. 

1 hour ago, Goose1957 said:

No problem, sorry, wasn't sure if you knew about the repop. Cant wait to see where you go with this, thanks.

Jeff

All good bro, it's hard to keep up sometimes with all the new re-issues going on. 

1 hour ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Now that's an idea. I bought a Jeep Honcho kit last year. I really want to make a Gladiator out of it. Hmmmm. It shouldn't be too hard.

Ron, looks like you'd need a TJ kit as well. The actual Gladiator would be a jeep kit with some stretching and a box. I'd like to see you build that. 

The grey jeep is the concept. 

IMG_5909.PNG

IMG_5910.PNG

2 hours ago, Rider said:

All good bro, it's hard to keep up sometimes with all the new re-issues going on. 

Ron, looks like you'd need a TJ kit as well. The actual Gladiator would be a jeep kit with some stretching and a box. I'd like to see you build that. 

The grey jeep is the concept. 

IMG_5909.PNG

IMG_5910.PNG

Uh, no. I want to do the Jeep Gladiator from the 60's. Same basic truck as the Revell Jeep Honcho kit.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll follow your project closely.
I had this same idea a few years ago and started doing mine using as a Jeep CJ-7 but I want to make the 715 Nukizer
My project has been stopped for a long time, but below some photos.
Seeing your work may inspire me to continue mine.

DSC03234.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

DSC03237.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

DSC03274.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

DSC03280.jpgIVd-J-Fz73-Sg.jpg

Edited by Rodrigo Maia