Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford GT40 66 Fujimi Street Version

Ben500

1 hour ago, BigTallDad said:

Lookin' good!

I have a question: if this is a street version, where do you attach the license plate(s)?

The. Front would be more of a challenge but I had a kit Cobra I drove for five years without a front plate and was never pulled over.  Withi this version you even have room for two suitcases and a spare tire.  There are quite a few Mark I roads cars but I thinks all the Mark II's were built for racing first.  Some of the Cobra Daytona Coupes were street legal and driven so anything is possible.

thanks to all of the nice comments you guys have posted! now regarding the brands for the paints I used, I' m sorry to tell you that they are custom made , I mean  i went to an automotive pint shop and there i just looked at some catalogs and picked a metallic red (base color) then last  February a contest was held here at my hometown  and won a prize , such one included some sort of paints all of them enamels , and one of those was a clear red one the brand is Licona Hobby Color,( I couldn't tell you if  this guy sells international)  and such is intended to create a candy  effect when applied on a metallic base color( silver,gold ,etc) and that is how I got the finished color on the Gt40, so I guess that if you guys go to your local automotive paint retailer probably you´ll get these materials easily. well I hope I was able to help with this info.

pic 1 base color metallic red

pic 2 clear red 

IMG_20190426_115601268.thumb.jpg.a62bca3d010af609c3d2fb66a89ebd8a.jpgIMG_20190426_115741116.thumb.jpg.b4f9920a907ddd2cbdb934a131fcc58b.jpg

23 minutes ago, Ben500 said:

thanks to all of the nice comments you guys have posted! now regarding the brands for the paints I used, I' m sorry to tell you that they are custom made , I mean  i went to an automotive pint shop and there i just looked at some catalogs and picked a metallic red (base color) then last  February a contest was held here at my hometown  and won a prize , such one included some sort of paints all of them enamels , and one of those was a clear red one the brand is Licona Hobby Color,( I couldn't tell you if  this guy sells international)  and such is intended to create a candy  effect when applied on a metallic base color( silver,gold ,etc) and that is how I got the finished color on the Gt40, so I guess that if you guys go to your local automotive paint retailer probably you´ll get these materials easily. well I hope I was able to help with this info.

pic 1 base color metallic red

pic 2 clear red 

IMG_20190426_115601268.thumb.jpg.a62bca3d010af609c3d2fb66a89ebd8a.jpgIMG_20190426_115741116.thumb.jpg.b4f9920a907ddd2cbdb934a131fcc58b.jpg

Too bad it does not come in spray cans. :lol: