Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Rivet question (Archer or Micro Scale)

Working on a Freightliner SD/DD build. This is only my second truck build, The Revell snap being the first. Well, being a car builder, the seams in the body did not cut it, I HAD ti fill them. Well, was lead to the resin rivet decals by another member to replace lost detail.

Here is my question: What scale rivets will most closely match the existing rivets on the cab?

I did not remove all rivets and just want to "replace ones I sanded.

Anyone have pictures of a build with the rivets?

Thank you in advance

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Archer O scale rivets are about right for this work.  Here's my build with rivets.   I primed the body first then put the rivet decals on in strips.  then the body was painted red.  Testors Dullcote was used over the top.

Good job on that!  Patience is required, isn't it?

I tried MicroMark's rivet decals recently, did okay with them, but you need the patience of a Saint.

A little patience, yes.  But the effects are pretty good.  Up above I said Archer O scale.  I take that back.  Should be Micro-Mark rivet sheets.  They are 8-1/2" x 11 and have a variety of patterns.  They are very easy to use.  The carrier virtually disappears when painted over.

I prefer the Archer Transfers rivets as they have different sizes of rivets as well as different spacing of the rivets. What I do is, draw a light, straight line where you want the rivets using a straight edge and a sharp pencil. I then carefully slide the strip of rivets over the line, using it to line them up perfectly. Here they are on a Pete 352 I stretched into a 110” cab.

8CAD0584-EC00-45DC-BBC7-A48690F50A97.jpeg

332B3CB1-4E8D-45F2-A73B-CA7F9ADF8FA8.jpeg

C46E331F-5D66-4AA7-B630-CD1238D2C97D.jpeg