Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need strong clear glue

Hi

Putting together a model I have had for years, Big Foot monster truck.

The cockpit is clear and I am using Testors clear parts cement.

I understand this is a type of wood glue but I need something with more strength because I have to clamp the roll cage to it when I glue the cage in place. I'm using rubber bands to do this

I guess I'm going to answer my own question and say to use clear epoxy. Here are some pictures of the construction.

Thanks

SDC10854.JPG

SDC10856.JPG

Richie, I have been using Devcon 5-Minute Epoxy for years on just about everything. Sure it's a little pricey and there's some waste, however it works great. Fully cured in 24 hours and provides a clear and strong bond. When I take my models to a show or club meeting I never have to take a "repair kit" either.

There must be a hundred glues that dry clear.  My go to choices are Pacer Formula 560 canopy glue and Zap - Polizap( in the silver and blue bottle).  560 is a PVA glue designed to hold clear R/C aircraft canopies in place and it very strong and flexible.  It also tacks up very fast.  Polyzap is also in the R/C section and is a super glue for glueing Lexan bodies on R/C cars.  It is a thick super glue that doesn't fog clear parts.  

Edited by Pete J.