Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima KHC210 Skyline 2000GT-E/S 2 door

Sandboarder

Here's my 4th build of 2018. A OBB stock C210 Nissan Skyline. Looking back on this I really wished I polished it but another time. Tamiya paint n clear coat. Not much else to say.

tGI7Yfd.jpg

ZVE7Ojh.jpg

QYiDs12.jpg

2eFF88x.jpg

41NvlvA.jpg

542Gqow.jpg

BJJSynZ.jpg

7aADrYu.jpg

Hopefully ill have my first build of 2019 finish next week. Another Nissan with a fixed up exhaust too

Looks good. This is one that you don't see built very often. I like it not too shiny. Looks more like an everyday driver that way. I like these Aoshima kits. They build up without a hitch. I just finished an R34 GT-R and an 89 RX-7 myself. Both posted in Under Glass.

Later-

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but I have a quick question for you. Those Skyline badges on the rear quarters, did those come with your kit or did you get them elsewhere? I am just starting a 4 door build of the C210 and your thread came up in an image search on Google when I was looking for reference photos. 

This one turned out pretty much exactly how I want my own to end up. This is beautiful. 

Thanks for any info. 

Looks excellent. As the former owner of a 1:1 example it's a car I know well, I have several versions at 1:24 scale to build someday.

2 hours ago, VanSpence said:

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but I have a quick question for you. Those Skyline badges on the rear quarters, did those come with your kit or did you get them elsewhere? I am just starting a 4 door build of the C210 and your thread came up in an image search on Google when I was looking for reference photos.

If Chris doesn't reply I'll go and have a look at what is in my versions (both 2- and 4-door).

7 hours ago, VanSpence said:

Those Skyline badges on the rear quarters, did those come with your kit or did you get them elsewhere?

I've looked at my my older and more recent issues of this kit. On the older ones it would be a case of painting the Skyline and GT badges by hand, but on the recent issue (which includes the lovely OE alloy wheels) decals are included.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 1:43 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

I've looked at my my older and more recent issues of this kit. On the older ones it would be a case of painting the Skyline and GT badges by hand, but on the recent issue (which includes the lovely OE alloy wheels) decals are included.

Thanks for the info. I did indeed have to paint on the badges but it would have been nice to have the decals. Ah well, I will be buying more of these old skylines, no question. What an awesome kit. Appreciate you checking. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, VanSpence said:

This one turned out pretty much exactly how I want my own to end up. This is beautiful. 

Thanks for any info. 

Sorry I haven’t check here for a while. I sanded off the badge and used the kit decal. The base Aoshima kits have a great decal sheet. The LB Walk kits have good decals too where the Grand Champion kit from memory doesn’t have many decal and would need paint or BMF.

thanks for the comments guys!!

Edited by Sandboarder