Model Cars Magazine Forum

More 1/24 Campers from Greenlight

vincen47

Greenlight is expanding its 1/24 “Hitch & Tow” series of trailers. In addition to the four original vintage models (with numerous paint schemes each) of a 1964 Winnebago, 1947 Teardrop, Shasta Airflyte, and Airstream Bambi, they’re offering a 1958 Catolac (I wasn’t familiar with that one) and a modern 2017 Winnebago Winnie Drop.

It seems they are offering them first in 1/64, then some eventually in 1/24. I hope that continues, their 1/64 line of trailers is nice. My dream would include the 1/64 motorhomes in 1/24, but that probably will never happen.

I’m glad they’re offering a modern one, I’ll pick one up for my 1/24 scale camping enthusiasts, it’d look great behind my Meng F350.

22255F2B-BFFC-48C5-9C40-9B9A17F98562.jpeg

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/index.php?id=466

Edited by vincen47

I picked up the 1964 Winnebago 216, the only model I've seen. Great diecast, very well detailed. Would buy others if I find them. A great price for the level of detail. Got mine @ HL for $29.99 so less than $20.00 with tax when using the 40 off coupon.

Personally I need an early 70's Buick electra 225 to pull one of these. My uncle pulled his camper with the Buick.  Those are nice.  I see them - just haven't had the desire to pull the trigger yet.  Not sure how I'd display them.  But nice.   Would love to see a post with all the details shown.

If you feel like a road trip, Greenlights (Northside of Indianapolis) is having their open house in a couple weeks (May 10th).  Their warehouse sale is a great opportunity to get the ones that the local stores never get or end up as 'employee exclusives' (never make it to the store shelves).  Their open 1/64 are usually $1 for plastic bottom and $2-3 for metal bases, 1/24 are $10, including trailers and 1/18 are $20.  Last year I got the 1/18 Mad Max Ford Falcon for $20 (needs side mirrors) and a greenmachine trailer for $10 (needs back bumper)

Edited by HomerS

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, vincen47 said:

My dream would include the 1/64 motorhomes in 1/24, but that probably will never happen.

I second that! I'd love to have some 1/24th scale 70s luxo-barges like the GMC Motorhome and Winnebago. But, I know they'd be large and EXPENSIVE!