Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sledsel

May 2019 Round 2

Recommended Posts

Not much...may have to get the Pinto, have a couple years of MPC ones but no AMT ones.  This one is stock only IIRC the previous discussion about it a while back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girlfriend wants the Ford PU for her collection of Coke kits. Other than that I don't see anything I have to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never see enough of Tor Johnson on TV anymore. Truly a master thespian for the ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop, Snake - we'll all be yawning!

At least the Plan 9 from Outer Space saucer has some of the funniest box art since the Used Cars promo kit. :lol:

Oh, and I added to my tags:

tags-12.jpg.88a8698a919d0294d2f106cbe1026b64.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanna order a pie or you feel like some Chinese?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the way you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Pinto looks like a kit that will 'Fly' off the shelves. A forgettable 1977 Ford with one version and no optional parts, looks like a kit 'everybody' has been waiting for.  Sorry Kats, this choice just bewilders me. You make this massive homerun with the '78 Dodge Longbed, and follow it a month later with THIS???????

It just does not compute. I know the Rep-Stock guys will want one, but after that, the market for this kit seems a bit, self-limiting. After viewing Chad's preview, all I'll need from that kit, is the decal sheet. Nice to see them going back to the well for the '53 Ford P/up and the Jeep. That Godzilla branding is genius. I am waiting for the Coke Branded '32 Ford Coupe and the Coke '69 Galaxie however.  Not the same old kits in Coke Boxes. Round2 will get little of my money this month, I can tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pinto is a must buy, I thought the Brat was due this month but I guess it’s next month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, alexis said:

That Pinto looks like a kit that will 'Fly' off the shelves. A forgettable 1977 Ford with one version and no optional parts, looks like a kit 'everybody' has been waiting for.  Sorry Kats, this choice just bewilders me. You make this massive homerun with the '78 Dodge Longbed, and follow it a month later with THIS???????

It just does not compute. I know the Rep-Stock guys will want one, but after that, the market for this kit seems a bit, self-limiting. After viewing Chad's preview, all I'll need from that kit, is the decal sheet. Nice to see them going back to the well for the '53 Ford P/up and the Jeep. That Godzilla branding is genius. I am waiting for the Coke Branded '32 Ford Coupe and the Coke '69 Galaxie however.  Not the same old kits in Coke Boxes. Round2 will get little of my money this month, I can tell you.

I like the Pinto, it's better than no Pinto at all, the Godzilla jeep is just a rehash of the Hogan's Heros kit.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

77pinto.jpg.7326a6a2d0ba07e55553887885c0688d.jpg

Do I hear $99? Do I hear $89?... $79? ...$69 (That's not funny, sir!)? OK, $59? Say, is this an audience or an oil painting? $49?...

SOLD! 

5cc8ea3277fc7_77pinto2.jpg.172e68dab183d18614f0c3f6917874f1.jpg

tango_face_grin.png.c031406240e25ca15904c76bde4ac48d.png

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, alexis said:

That Pinto looks like a kit that will 'Fly' off the shelves. A forgettable 1977 Ford with one version and no optional parts, looks like a kit 'everybody' has been waiting for.  Sorry Kats, this choice just bewilders me. You make this massive homerun with the '78 Dodge Longbed, and follow it a month later with THIS??????? 

It does have an optional CB radio and antenna, though... ;)

Edited by Rob Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno.  We give the guy some grief, but I'm kind of envious of his job.  At least it's probably fun. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they're not paying him more than minimum wage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing shown that I need or want. Hopefully next month brings better pickings!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pinto has no v-8 this time that sucks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pinto would be more desirable if it were a couple of model years earlier before Ford had to put that ugly grill to blend in the 10 mph Bumper. I know a lot of guys have wondered if they would bring back the "55 Bel Air Convertible  so that should do well. Kit reissues are almost an after thought since his main focus seems to be on the small Die Cast. stuff. Some due look interesting, but I well not be spending any of my allowance money on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

The Pinto has no v-8 this time that sucks !

I don't believe that the AMT Pinto had anything other than the stock OHC 4-banger ( and its unique-to-the-AMT-version C-4 transmission --- a rare and sought-after trans & bellhousing in the "1:1" world ! ) .

Now , MPC's Pintos (and Mustang II) had an optional 351-C ; perhaps that's what you're thinking of ? 

Put me down for one of those '77 Pinto kits --- great to see it make its triumphant return !

I'll take one of those '53 F-100 kits , too . While I have multiples of that bad boy ( number one  F-100 kit of the '53-'56 series , period ) , I'll get one just for that nifty soda vending machine and its dolly ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big 55 kit got my attention! Anyone know if that builds up nicely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I don't believe that the AMT Pinto had anything other than the stock OHC 4-banger ( and its unique-to-the-AMT-version C-4 transmission --- a rare and sought-after trans & bellhousing in the "1:1" world ! ) .

 

The earlier AMT Pinto kits (through about '75) had an optional Boss 429 engine.  Not exactly a realistic swap in 1:1 scale...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Nothing shown that I need or want. Hopefully next month brings better pickings!

 

June may have the Dyno Don Cyclone Eliminator II funny car, the garage lift and July the Autocar dump truck, '67 GTO w/ drag Christmas tree, and '63 Impala SS. 

Edited by Rob Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...