Model Cars Magazine Forum

May 2019 Round 2

Sledsel

That Pinto looks like a kit that will 'Fly' off the shelves. A forgettable 1977 Ford with one version and no optional parts, looks like a kit 'everybody' has been waiting for.  Sorry Kats, this choice just bewilders me. You make this massive homerun with the '78 Dodge Longbed, and follow it a month later with THIS???????

It just does not compute. I know the Rep-Stock guys will want one, but after that, the market for this kit seems a bit, self-limiting. After viewing Chad's preview, all I'll need from that kit, is the decal sheet. Nice to see them going back to the well for the '53 Ford P/up and the Jeep. That Godzilla branding is genius. I am waiting for the Coke Branded '32 Ford Coupe and the Coke '69 Galaxie however.  Not the same old kits in Coke Boxes. Round2 will get little of my money this month, I can tell you.

35 minutes ago, alexis said:

That Pinto looks like a kit that will 'Fly' off the shelves. A forgettable 1977 Ford with one version and no optional parts, looks like a kit 'everybody' has been waiting for.  Sorry Kats, this choice just bewilders me. You make this massive homerun with the '78 Dodge Longbed, and follow it a month later with THIS???????

It just does not compute. I know the Rep-Stock guys will want one, but after that, the market for this kit seems a bit, self-limiting. After viewing Chad's preview, all I'll need from that kit, is the decal sheet. Nice to see them going back to the well for the '53 Ford P/up and the Jeep. That Godzilla branding is genius. I am waiting for the Coke Branded '32 Ford Coupe and the Coke '69 Galaxie however.  Not the same old kits in Coke Boxes. Round2 will get little of my money this month, I can tell you.

I like the Pinto, it's better than no Pinto at all, the Godzilla jeep is just a rehash of the Hogan's Heros kit.....

1 hour ago, alexis said:

It does have an optional CB radio and antenna, though... ;)

Edited by Rob Hall

The Pinto would be more desirable if it were a couple of model years earlier before Ford had to put that ugly grill to blend in the 10 mph Bumper. I know a lot of guys have wondered if they would bring back the "55 Bel Air Convertible  so that should do well. Kit reissues are almost an after thought since his main focus seems to be on the small Die Cast. stuff. Some due look interesting, but I well not be spending any of my allowance money on them. 

13 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

The Pinto has no v-8 this time that sucks !

I don't believe that the AMT Pinto had anything other than the stock OHC 4-banger ( and its unique-to-the-AMT-version C-4 transmission --- a rare and sought-after trans & bellhousing in the "1:1" world ! ) .

Now , MPC's Pintos (and Mustang II) had an optional 351-C ; perhaps that's what you're thinking of ? 

Put me down for one of those '77 Pinto kits --- great to see it make its triumphant return !

I'll take one of those '53 F-100 kits , too . While I have multiples of that bad boy ( number one  F-100 kit of the '53-'56 series , period ) , I'll get one just for that nifty soda vending machine and its dolly ! 

8 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I don't believe that the AMT Pinto had anything other than the stock OHC 4-banger ( and its unique-to-the-AMT-version C-4 transmission --- a rare and sought-after trans & bellhousing in the "1:1" world ! ) .

The earlier AMT Pinto kits (through about '75) had an optional Boss 429 engine.  Not exactly a realistic swap in 1:1 scale...

16 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Nothing shown that I need or want. Hopefully next month brings better pickings!

June may have the Dyno Don Cyclone Eliminator II funny car, the garage lift and July the Autocar dump truck, '67 GTO w/ drag Christmas tree, and '63 Impala SS. 

Edited by Rob Hall