Model Cars Magazine Forum

May 2019 Round 2

Sledsel

On 4/30/2019 at 7:49 PM, gasman said:

Pinto is a must buy, I thought the Brat was due this month but I guess it’s next month

Yes, I already have two Pintos reserved at my LHS! One is for me, one is for my brother. 

You must have known I'd be in for one or more of those! I'm one of those guys Alan was referring to I guess! No surprise that I want one, eh my friend? :)

I love that it's the "Camaro-nosed" (yes, that's what it looks like to me) version. The early ones are kind of pretty; I want people to remember Pintos as horrible, dreadful and ugly little beaters; in other words, how they ended up! Let the full weight of corporate indifference and Governmental interference with automotive design be remembered, so they are not repeated! NEVER AGAIN!

I'm glad the Brat's not out yet - I'm having enough trouble with the original, not sure I'm ready for a reissue yet! 

13 hours ago, alexis said:

Luc, you are correct about the Wheels on the Dodge P/U. However, I contend since so much work had to be done to get the Dodge ready to go, that new wheels were not a problem.  The Monaco is on the shelves right now, with the Joker/Gotham PD kit. I don't see Round2 investing any more money in the kit, when all it needs is decals.

Is there a chance we could se a Force 440 ever again?

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Is there a chance we could se a Force 440 ever again?

The Force 440 used the 2 door body. After that release, the body and interior were revised to what we have now, the 4 door. This also entailed heavy revision to the quarter panels, rearward section of the roof, and rear bumper/ trunk area. It's doubtful that they would be able to ever bring that two door body back, but I could envision them reissuing the 4 door as a "Force 440" (with new box graphics, and decals much like the originals) for nostalgia purposes. That would be a hot looking cruiser! 

It would be nice if at the least, they found the lightbar set up that the Force 440 used- it is MUCH better than the one we've been getting with the Monaco since the early 80's...the rest of the police parts are more or less the same as what we've been getting with the 4 door all these years.  

20 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

At the very least , Round2 *SHOULD* include the tyres / wheels / hubcaps from the D-100 kit... PLEASE ! 

I think this is one reason that they tooled them up- if it's anything like the situation with their 5 spoke mags (included in their '69 Barracuda, '68 El Camino, others), the new wheel tooling was done as a "value adder", to breathe new life into some of their often-issued Mopar kits. I would not be surprised if we see this combo appear it their Monaco kit (where it would be most welcome), perhaps even as optional wheels in their '74 Road Runner, and other suitable future Mopar releases.  

42 minutes ago, CapSat 6 said:

The Force 440 used the 2 door body. After that release, the body and interior were revised to what we have now, the 4 door. This also entailed heavy revision to the quarter panels, rearward section of the roof, and rear bumper/ trunk area. It's doubtful that they would be able to ever bring that two door body back, but I could envision them reissuing the 4 door as a "Force 440" (with new box graphics, and decals much like the originals) for nostalgia purposes. That would be a hot looking cruiser! 

It would be nice if at the least, they found the lightbar set up that the Force 440 used- it is MUCH better than the one we've been getting with the Monaco since the early 80's...the rest of the police parts are more or less the same as what we've been getting with the 4 door all these years.  

Thank your!