Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel Chevrolet Chevelle SS396

GeeBee

Supplied by Revel l for a magazine review for Scale Modelling Now, decided to airbrush it in Chevrolet Grecian Green metallic, which I've ordered from MCW lacquer.

The molding on the body is superb, with minimal clean up required, nothing glued as yet, just dry fitting, 

FB_IMG_1556748723901.jpg

FB_IMG_1556748731856.jpg

FB_IMG_1556748736848.jpg

FB_IMG_1556748740328.jpg

FB_IMG_1556748743559.jpg

i've ordered the correct factory colour of Grecian Green from MCW Lacquer, hopefully the garage will be tidied and the spray booth installed out there by the time the paint arrives, 

1968-chevelle-ss-427-tribute-solid-origi

5 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

Nice start Geoff

I like how those deep rallyes look on it...

What are you thinking of shoeing her with ?

I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking the Rallye wheels would look good on it,luckily you get a choice of wheels in the kit.

Edited by GeeBee

5 minutes ago, dublin boy said:

That rear end looks like a Mk3 Cortina....

Nice start Geoff.

White stripes. Go on go on. lol!

Trust Revell Germany to get the box art incorrect, it will have the stripes along the side, but not the racing stripes on the bonnet (Sorry, Hood), as per the photo of the 1:1 i posted up.

• 3 weeks later...

After 3 weeks of not having any time to get into the hobby room, I finally had a day free yesterday,so the airbrush came out and I've finally got all the parts, apart from the bodyshell and bonnet in primer and sorted into groups so they can be painted in the final colours, I'm going to get a little more done over the weekend,as the next few weeks I'm going to be way too busy with work to even think of getting any modelling done, I'm still catching up with my photography work after taking a month off after suffering a mild heart attack at the beginning of April.

FB_IMG_1558696720591.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

• 2 months later...