Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel Chevrolet Chevelle SS396

GeeBee

2 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Geoff,  strange that you left off the end caps and didn't paint them as a unit with the body.

The body needs to flex when you put it on to the chassis, I did tape them in place while doing a dry fit, I didn't want the join to crack, so following the instructions, they'll be going on after the body has been fixed on to the chassis.

• 1 month later...

The Chevrolet Bel Air has been put away until I can get the engine bay and inner wings airbrushed in satin black, and figure out how I'm going  to replicate the rear side trim, so the Chevelle is back on the bench, starting with the BMF

FB_IMG_1573681179132.jpg

1 hour ago, DrKerry said:

Sharp Chevelle Geoff!!!!

Cheers Kerry,I'm pleased I'm back on this one, it's been on the backburner for a while, I'm hoping to get it finished before the end of the year so it can finally go into the magazine.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, GeeBee said:

Cheers Kerry,I'm pleased I'm back on this one, it's been on the backburner for a while, I'm hoping to get it finished before the end of the year so it can finally go into the magazine.

If that doesn't make it they need their glasses cleaned!!!!!

19 minutes ago, DrKerry said:

If that doesn't make it they need their glasses cleaned!!!!!

It's 100% going into the magazine, the kit was supplied by Revell for a product review, which has already been done, and a build up review,  I'm hoping to get some more models off Revell in the new year, but they've already supplied me with a 1:16th scale VW Beetle to get built up, again for a magazine review. 

On 11/19/2019 at 2:17 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Nice work so far Geoff!

I noticed that Revell put indents where the mirrors and door handles will be attached.  I'm interested in seeing how this goes, and your impression on the same.  I'm used to drilling out and pinning those, only gluing on the inside of the body.

Hopefully it will work out a lot betting than some models I've built with absolutely no indication where the mirrors or door handles are supposed to go, in the past I've used photos of the real thing for reference, and like you, in some instances drilled and pinned them in place.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, GeeBee said:

It's 100% going into the magazine, the kit was supplied by Revell for a product review, which has already been done, and a build up review,  I'm hoping to get some more models off Revell in the new year, but they've already supplied me with a 1:16th scale VW Beetle to get built up, again for a magazine review. 

Very nice, very deserving!!!