Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘69 Dodge Daytona

Furiousgeorge

I built this one for a small local show (that starts tomorrow actually!). Painted Tamiya Coral Blue, with a wired and plumbed 440 engine with a Fireball Modelworks  Carter AVS 4 bbl carb. I used the wheels and caps from the ‘68 Charger special edition kit. I love the look of the steelies on this, gives it more of an all go and no show type feel. I ran out of time to do the black gasket on the nose, and I didn’t want to rush it and ruin anything this close to the show. I may add it on later. 

A792DF36-6E01-4557-9464-1D003497599B.jpeg

227A746D-445D-400A-ACC4-7080C20B562D.jpeg

A78BC896-E2A3-4CB8-8885-E7864EE7E26D.jpeg

2E8289FB-0CC0-4FFE-95CC-51B5896BF108.jpeg

07B9C765-5DB3-4703-8646-A9812C699EF9.jpeg

B9C19D46-E3E0-4C84-A1AB-182FB75D60C5.jpeg

Beautiful looking Charger. The paint finish looks almost like a Petty Blue in the picture, maybe a shade or two lighter. Great wood finish on the interior. I also like the painted steel wheels especially if they have a deep offset. 

Thanks everyone! I did get the gasket done, I’d tried a section on the bottom with an ultrafine black sharpie a few days ago. It looked good, so I did the rest last night. A word of caution though, even the test spot on the bottom is still wet! Not sure how long it will take to dry, or if it ever will. Oh well, it’ll go into a display case and very rarely get touched! The show/contest went great, I won Best Factory Stock - Dealer Delivered and a red ribbon (first place) with this car, as well as a few other ribbons with a few of my other builds. My three kids also entered and each won a ribbon, (they’re 8, 12 and 14), my daughter winning an award as well. I’ll post pictures as soon as I’m home.