Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL- any body got some pictures to post yet?

On 5/7/2019 at 6:53 AM, Snake45 said:

Wasn't there something about a rumored long-lost model that was supposed to make an appearance? Any news on that? What's the story? 

It might have been Dennis Doty's Jaguar XKE. Mark Gustavson announced at GSL that it would be placed in the International Model Car Builders Museum.

3 minutes ago, chepp said:

It might have been Dennis Doty's Jaguar XKE. Mark Gustavson announced at GSL that it would be placed in the International Model Car Builders Museum.

Ah, I know that one! Was just looking at those magazines last week. Thanks! B)

I posted on Fakebook some photos.  I have already taken pictures of John Teresi's awesome models when he was at Desert Scale, I don't care to duplicate effort, same with other models that deserved awards.  I also choose what trips my trigger.  So these are just a fraction of the entries.

Here is the Common Kit category, and Ferraris I liked.  Again, Teresi's Berlin Buick is not included out of spite, but I already took pictures, and you will see it in every magazine anyway.  But I did take pictures of that goofy looking VW some guy dreamed up.  ;)

On 5/7/2019 at 6:53 AM, Snake45 said:

Wasn't there something about a rumored long-lost model that was supposed to make an appearance? ....

Actually, three models were unveiled. One was a very old, significantly customized/stretched 16th (?) scale candy apple red Jaguar, and if that was the Dennis Doty one mentioned in this 2016 MCM thread, that was it. I can't readily find old scan photos to confirm that, but other guys might round up some old ones or have the latest photos of it at GSL. The second was a very customized green '49 or '50 Ford 'Ranchero' whose builder was right there in person to show it, and the third was the completed restoration of the 1964 Revell-Pactra Contest Senior Division co-winning Ford cabover, built by the late Bob Nordberg. I covered the rediscovery of that last one and Nordberg's others in this older thread, and posted my two update photos of it there.

On 2019-05-06 at 12:05 PM, RancheroSteve said:

I'm working my way through editing  over 1000 of the the official entry shots (three photos of each model). When they're done, I'll have them up on the GSL Fotki page, hopefully by the end of this week.

Looking forward to seeing your photos. From what I have seen, it was a great show with many incredible models.

4 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

They're up! See here or check the post in the "Contest & Shows" section further down.

I always enjoy show photos (partly because I never get to go myself) and these are the best I've ever seen. Thanks Steve!

8 hours ago, Rusty92 said:

Great photos. It was cool to see some I’ve seen here on the forum. Thank you!

18 hours ago, peekay said:

I always enjoy show photos (partly because I never get to go myself) and these are the best I've ever seen. Thanks Steve!

Glad you enjoyed them, but just to be clear, as I mentioned in the post below, Andy Barlow is the guy that actually took the photos.