Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 425

Yeah, it's definitely one of the better-looking things from that styling era. Would make a pretty cool subject for a pro-touring build, with real suspension and power. Not many people would know what the hello it was.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

This time I was looking for a car that represents the decline of a former luxury car manufacturer - Imperial. This car is a 1982 Imperial. Based on Chrysler's J-platform like the Dodge Mirada and the Chrsyler Cordoba. Most of your said that it is Chrysler Imperial but it isn't. It is a Imperial. The Imperial name would reappear in 1990, but as the flagship sub-brand Chrysler Imperial model.   So what to do, I'm fine with the answer Chrysler Imperial. The  traditional Imperial eagle logo was not used, instead it bore a Chrysler Pentastar hood ornament made of Cartier crystal.

But I wanted the correct model year. Some said 1981 - 1983 and I ask to correct it. After a rethinking by myself I accept all given answers. It is really hard to identify all three model year from the outside. The only visible difference between 1981/82 and 1983 was the hood ornament. In 1983 it was made out of plastic instead out of crystal. 

The correct answers were sent in by 

landman

porschescr

Ace-Garageguy

peteski

MrObsessive

Bucky

Richard Bartop

ChrisR

dw1603

Bainford

Congratulations

Next time I'll try to find a car that was only made for one year. No it wouldn't be a Tucker ;)