Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saturday night special.........

Sully

Yeah I know you guys don't enter your own show but you do always have a great club member display table. I remember it being set up as a drive-in with Bullitt playing. And I believe I also remember an awesome Two-Lane Blacktop 55 on one of your display tables. But at any rate I would love to see it so I hope you decide to bring it. -Will

Thanks for the comments guys........ ;)

Can't enter it at our show Willy cause I'm a club member, but I just might bring it for display on the club table.

Now, that's Cool! (around here, we have characters that enter the same model for months and years! Way Uncool)

I have always admired the ethics of Modelers, (I mean REAL Modelers) and that's what kept me building.

GREAT Mopar, by the way...Glad it will be displayed! Guys need to see this.

:angry: Sully, PLEASE don't take this wrong, because it's really a nice well built model of a REALLY UGLY CAR!!! I remember those things were ugly in 62, and they ain't got NO better lookin since then! BUT, you did an exellent job of capturein the "look" these cars had! So well, in fact, you made an ugly car look GOOD! Great Build( of a really ugly car!) (Did I mention I thought that was an UGLYcar?) :lol:

:lol: Sully, PLEASE don't take this wrong, because it's really a nice well built model of a REALLY UGLY CAR!!! I remember those things were ugly in 62, and they ain't got NO better lookin since then! BUT, you did an exellent job of capturein the "look" these cars had! So well, in fact, you made an ugly car look GOOD! Great Build( of a really ugly car!) (Did I mention I thought that was an UGLYcar?) :lol:

George..........you think the 62 Dodge Dart was ugly ???????????? :o Me too !!!!!!!!! She was not one of Virgil Exner's finest. But...........when you dropped in a 413 Max Wedge, coupled to a four speed gear box, she could put a lot of fear in the competition. I have some stats here that says, equipted this way she could do 0-60mph in 5.8 seconds and 14.4 seconds in the quater mile. Not too shabby for 1962...... ;)

By the way........thanks for the good comments. :)

Sully

Edited by Sully

• 3 weeks later...
George..........you think the 62 Dodge Dart was ugly ???????????? :D Me too !!!!!!!!! She was not one of Virgil Exner's finest. But...........when you dropped in a 413 Max Wedge, coupled to a four speed gear box, she could put a lot of fear in the competition. I have some stats here that says, equipted this way she could do 0-60mph in 5.8 seconds and 14.4 seconds in the quater mile. Not too shabby for 1962...... :lol:

By the way........thanks for the good comments. B)

Sully

Sully:

Great job on making the Dart look like it really did. I think (know!) the performance figures are off, however. In 1962, friend Al Driscoll bought a black 413, dual long-rams w/Torquflite trans. This was a mid- 12-second car, speed was 102-106.

I bought a '63 Dodge 330 sedan (426 Short Ram Max Wedge) w/ Torquflite trans that I got into mid-11s that year. Acceleration was staggering...

I ran a '56 Ford 292 (convertible!) that turned mid-14s, 92 mph.

My present '55 Ford F100 w/smallblock Chev turns mid-13s, will do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. (not a 'Bomb')

I think a 413 that would take 5.8 seconds to go 60 mph would be in serious need of a tuneup: If I raced Driscoll's 413 with my F100, he'd pass me like a freight train passing a tramp!