Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Builders' Warehouse 3D Printed Parts

Hi Folks,

I thought I would share photos of MBW's 3D parts that we are working on. Our first engine project is the Ford 427 Cobra motor. It will feature Weber carbs.  We are releasing the Webers first with the full engine kit coming out first of June.

The goal is 3D printed parts that have a surface that is ready for paint, no more 'grainy' texture, and a reasonable price point.  The  Webers will sell for $9.00 for a set of four (unpainted).

65-AC_Shelby_Cobra_427_DV-08_GMG_e01.jpg

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_8706.JPG

IMG_8819.JPG

IMG_8820.JPG

IMG_8821.JPG

4 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Wow.... I take back what I've been saying about 3D printed parts!  Did Ferrari use these Webers?

I believe Ferrari's had carbs that were more 'siamesed' than what we see here. It would make for nice detailed engine parts though if one wanted to use them.

Thank you Folks for all the positive comments !!!!

Stan & Gerry,  I know a guy that needs side draft Webers for a Birdcage so you know they are coming :)

Kurt,  I believe Ferrari used the Weber 40 DCL carbs which as Bill pointed out, are more compact.

Bill,  I did let a sample of the manifold go at NNL East but they are not for sale yet.

SWEET BABY JESUS. Exactly what I have been waiting for. I need a 427 with Webbers. for a Cobra build and there isn't anything out there like this. I'm in for several

Are you doing both the vertical and slanted manifolds? 

Edited by Quick GMC

Hi Folks,

Thank you George:)

Appreciate that Dann !!!

Hello Cameron,   Yes , both kinds of intakes will be included with the motor kit.  You will also be able to orientate the expansion tank either way to match your radiator.

The following are some  pics of the 'slanted' Weber manifold.  *** PLEASE NOTE***  that these pieces are test prints that we run in a black resin (low cost) and print in 50 micron layers for speed. I sprayed two of them with chrome just so you could see them better.  These prints were ran with the Webers and manifold as one piece so we can check measurements and parts layout. For fun I included the smaller print in silver that shows fuel lines and throttle linkage and distributor that was printed all together.

Randy

IMG_8829.JPG

IMG_8830.JPG