Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Cadillac Escalade

The Story

Driving into Beacon Hill section of Boston is no big deal, unless the roads are snow covered and icy from a mid-December snowstorm.  Not a problem for McNally who is driving his Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. this day.  He decided to pay a visit to Damian Williston and just talk to him like he was a friend.  No cops, no lawyers, just two guys greeting each other and sharing the news of the day.  Just dropping in to talk with Damian will eliminate the need for his attorney Wilmot Jackson to be there.

Damian welcomes the Boston PI into his house with a little scepticism, but McNally soon wins him over as a friend.  In the kitchen they both have a cup of coffee and Damian tells of his court proceedings with his ex and the murder investigation.  He's tired and he wants to be free of the constant pressure on his back and it is getting more and more difficult to deal with.  McNally asks why the need for his personal attorney to be there all the time?  Damian replies that Attorney Jackson insisted on it, only to be told that Damian was cleared by BPD Homicide as a suspect and Jackson's constant appearance only deflects the questions being asked and slows to whole process down.  

Damian says he has relied on lawyers and others to guard him from the necessary things needed to get thing done day to day.  He needs to stand up and do things for himself.  McNally agrees with him.  Damian tells McNally that he didn't kill Tina, but he wished he knew who did.  Nobody is allowed in the house, so Tina must have known the killer and let him in.  McNally agrees with Damian.

The Build

I finally got the Escalade painted yesterday with Tamiya TS-18 Metallic Red over white primer.  I also set the exhaust tips in their required positions.  Escaladw22.thumb.JPG.d95cc1a4d87ebf7d86eaa461a422d0d4.JPGI thought about replacing the grille with some photoetch mesh, but nixed that idea when I thought of painting the grille openings with the Metallic Red.  Looks great!  While I was painting yesterday, I ran out of paint and and I was nearly finished.  I bought a new can this morning and finished the bumpers and the side steps.

McNally will return...

Escalade23.JPG

Escalade24.JPG

The Story

Monday morning arrives and Wilmot Jackson is standing in the hallway waiting for his client, Damian Williston to arrive.  He sees his client walking down the corridor accompanied by Attorney Charlotte Rothmann and young Attorney Sean Traeger who works for Charlie.

“Ms. Rothmann, what is the meaning of this,” Attorney Jackson asks.

Damian says, “Wilmot Jackson, your services are no longer needed.  You are fired.”

“Stand aside Mr. Jackson, or I’ll have you arrested for interference with an officer of the court,” says Charlie as she pushes her way past Jackson with Sean right behind her as they head into the courtroom.

By the afternoon, Damian and his ex-wife were legally divorced.  The property in Brookline was given to his ex.  The two smaller businesses will be sold and Damian will keep his software business, his home on Beacon Hill and some of his personal belongings from Brookline.  With the divorce out of the way, Charlie can concentrate on his murder defense, should Damian be arrested for it.  It most likely will not come to that.

The Build

I clearcoated the Escalade this afternoon with two coats of Tamiya TS-13 Gloss Clear.  I'll add another coat or two later.

McNally will return...

Escalade25.JPG

Escalade26.JPG

Escalade27.JPG

The Story

McNally contacts Lt. Det. Adam Troy on the phone.

“Lt. Troy here.”

“Hey Adam, its Mc.  I never asked.  What killed Tina Leavitt?”

“Hang on a second and I’ll look at the file…a ten millimeter round possibly from a Glock.”

“Where was she shot?”

“Once in the chest and once in the head.  It was quite the mess.”

“Okay Adam!  Thanks.”

McNally parks his Jeep near Wilmot Jackson’s house and he goes around to the back of the house.  Satisfied that nobody was home, he breaks into the house and searches it.  He finds the case for a Glock G29 in the study, but the case is empty.  A search of his desk finds a partial box of 10 mm rounds.  Out of a box of 50 rounds, 20 are missing.  Where’s the Glock?  It’s got to be with Jackson!

He leaves the house just as he found it and locks the back door.  Back in his Jeep, he thinks about who could be terminated next.  Him?  Charlie?  Damian! 

It’s got to be Damian.  Damian seems to be the only other person who could finger Jackson as the killer.  If he can find Wilmot’s Glock and have it tested to see if it was the weapon used to kill Tina.  He calls Charlie and she is at the office.

“Charlie, it’s Mc!  Get a security guard to watch over you until I call you back.”

“Why?” 

“Wilmot Jackson is most likely our killer.  Stay put until you hear from me!”

“Okay Mc.  I'll stay here until you call!”

McNally calls Damian next.

“Hi!  I can’t take you call…” a recorded message and McNally waits to reply.

“Damian, this is McNally!  Don’t let Wilmot Jackson into your house!  I’m on my way over now,” he says before ending the call. 

The Build

I got the windows installed and then I joined the body, interior and chassis together.  I still have to install the head and taillights, side mirrors, roof rack, running boards and decals.

McNally will return...

Escalade28.JPG

Escalade29.JPG

Escalade30.JPG

Edited by mrmike

The Story

McNally arrives at Damian's Beacon Hill home and sees Attorney Wilmot Jackson's Lincoln MKS parked behind Damian's Escalade.  He parks up the street and walks back to Damian's condo and hops the fence into 10 inches of new fallen snow from a storm the night before.  He slides in the narrow space between the two houses and goes over to the back door.  He unlocks the door and quietly enters the house leaving a trail of snow behind him.  With his SIG Sauer P227 drawn, he peeks into the living room where Jackson has Damian on his knees with his hands tied behind his back and aiming his Glock at his head.

He aims his SIG at Jackson and yells for him to drop his gun.  Jackson says he won't and for McNally to leave before he shoots Damian with his Glock.  McNally says if he leaves, Damian will be killed anyway and he is not leaving.  Not sure what to do, Jackson turns to shoot McNally with the Boston PI returning fire and killing the corrupt attorney.  He kicks away the Glock, feels for a pulse on Jackson and finds none. 

Then he releases Damian and pulls out his cellphone to call Lt. Det. Troy at Homicide.  He ends the call and hears the sound of sirens in the distance heading for the condo.  When the Crime Scene Unit arrives, McNally unloads the SIG and hands it to the Crime Scene Unit detective and gets his receipt while Attorney Jackson's Glock is unloaded and secured in an evidence box.  McNally will carry his Smith & Wesson Model 66-2 .357 Magnum until his SIG is returned to him.  It was determined that Attorney Jackson feared that Damian would end his business relationship with him once his divorce was finalized and the truth about him would come out. 

A few days later, McNally gets a call from Capt. Frank Bladen of Homicide asking if he'll join him for a beer at the Stripes and Badges Bar, a cop watering hole near BPD.  McNally says he'll will and will be there shortly.  Always a good thing to share a beer with the local PD.

The Build

I have finished my Cadillac Escalade and it is posted in Under Glass.  Thanks!

Edited by mrmike