Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram '55 Chevy Street Machine - Box Art Build

Nacho Z

Last weekend I shared a build thread of my Monogram '55 Chevy box art build.  That thread can be found here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/142278-monogram-55-chevy-street-machine-box-art-build/    This weekend I thought I would share a couple of pictures of the finished build.  This is a box stock, box art build.  I explain more about this model in the On The Workbench thread.  Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy my version of this classic kit.

20190504 191445

20190504 191548

20190504 191750

20190504 192028

20190504 193052

20190504 193617

3 hours ago, Safire6 said:

Very nice-beautiful paint! Would love to see some underside pics.

Thanks, Steve!  I have to be honest with you, the underside was just painted black.  No detail work was done on it.  This is just a shelf model that will probably not be entered in any contests.

Now that's just made my day! 

I built one of these way back in the seventies, it was one of my favourite builds at the time.  All that remains now are the rear wheels and tires and the clear hood scoop. Your stunning build has brought memories flooding back.

Thanks for posting.

Tony.

7 hours ago, TonyW said:

Now that's just made my day! 

I built one of these way back in the seventies, it was one of my favourite builds at the time.  All that remains now are the rear wheels and tires and the clear hood scoop. Your stunning build has brought memories flooding back.

Thanks for posting.

Tony.

Thanks, Tony, this was why I built it.  I’m not sure if you looked at the Build thread but I said there that I had always liked this kit from way back when I was a kid.  I finally pulled the trigger and built it.  It is one of those models that when I look at it, it will put a smile on my face.

That clear "plexiglass" hood scoop appealed to me greatly when I was young (and this iteration of the Monogram '55 was new) . I still like it to this day --- it's a nice customising touch .

I wonder if the person who built the box art kit is still around ?

18 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

That clear "plexiglass" hood scoop appealed to me greatly when I was young (and this iteration of the Monogram '55 was new) . I still like it to this day --- it's a nice customising touch .

I wonder if the person who built the box art kit is still around ?

John, I don’t know if you are on FB, but there is a group called “Box Art Model Car Builders, Artists & Industry Insiders”.  That would be a great question for them.  Maybe I’ll ask them.