Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT to Rebox Italeri Kits Plus other Announcements

Stevens had listed 2 items from AMT that I believe are Italeri kits reboxed.

AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1160 1/25 Coca-Cola White Western Star Semi Tractor Cab
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1164 1/25 Big Rig Semi Trailer
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1169 1/24 Peterbilt 378 Long Hauler Semi Tractor Cab
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1170 1/24 Reefer Semi Trailer

I'm not sure I see the point in it for either company. Sure I suppose it might put Italeri's kits out to a broader U.S. market but the MSRP of nearly $80 is almost  $20 than the Pete 378 sells for in most places. I can't see Round2 selling a lot of them unless you can 40% off one and pick it up for less than $50.

Interesting. I wonder what box art and decals we’ll see? Also, I wonder what other Italeri re-boxes/reissues they’d release if this joint venture continues?

Good idea about the HL 40%. That would make this a great thing.

16 minutes ago, chuckyr said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Italeri kits are NOT 1/25th scale.  They are 1/24th scale.

Italeri never offered a WHITE Western Star.

The Italeri Western Star is a a Western Star!

Uh, I think the OP is referring to the two 1/24 scale kits listed...

7 hours ago, chuckyr said:

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Uh, I think the OP is referring to the two 1/24 scale kits listed...

Yes, it seems that someone totally missed the two 1/24th scale listings in the opening post, in addition to the fact the ONLY Peterbilt conventional tractor AMT has kitted is a 359. AMT has NEVER  offered a 378 Peterbilt conventional tractor prior to this. 

This also would not be the first time AMT has offered a reboxed foreign kit, at least two that I know of from the late 80s or early 90s (Lexus LS400 and "Back to the Future" DeLorean) were reboxes of Aoshima kits. 

On 5/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, chuckyr said:

Reading is fundamental. Perhaps not so quick on the keyboard before you read the whole thing. The title should have given away which kits I was referring to being Italeri's. As I wasn't referring to the 1/25 items I specifically mention 2 items. You had a 50/50 chance of guessing the right ones, I wouldn't play the lottery if I were you it would be a waste.

• 3 months later...

If they do i think they will sell well.
Look at Revell and their smaller truck kits in 1:32 they would have stopped the Kenworth a long time ago if they did not sell well, now they even have another truck in that scale to.
I know a few people who want to have a truck model but after they have seen my trucks and how much space they take if it is pulling a trailer they think they are to big or have no space to put them after they are done building it.

1:24 scale is larger than 1:25 (higher fraction number smaller scale) so that would be strange.
But it could be how the dimentions are on the 1:24 scale trailer in question, the one AMT is reboxing is a North American style trailer and not a European style.

• 2 months later...