Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cubic Cuda Pro-touring with Viper powertrain

Claude Thibodeau

Hi!

Hard to improve the design of the 70 Cuda, but we can  stuff in Viper's V10, 4 bar rear suspension, Sidewinder Concept truck rolling stock, 67 Charger Foose optionnal  buckets, speakers enclosures and amplificator in the back, plus mesh type grille & enlarged rr lights. B/U lights relocated in the exhaust ports. Extended and molded rocker sills with lateral exhaust dumps. Tamya gun metal + Testor's Wetlook clear. 

Plymouth is long gone... but we can still celebrate it!

CT

DSCF3642 (2).JPG

DSCF3643 (2).JPG

DSCF3646 (2).JPG

DSCF3650 (2).JPG

DSCF3652 (2).JPG

DSCF3661 (2).JPG

DSCF3656 (2).JPG

Hi Bill!

Thanks for the comments.

Indeed, the Cuda rear seat was removed, scratchbuilt tubs glued in place ( the Dodge Concept truck rear wheels are 20" X 13" in scale, so they needed space, even more so since I lowered the rear end and swithched to 4-Bars instead of blade springs)... 

In place of the rear seat, I filled the narrowed space between the tubs with round molded enclosures for 2 big speakers and a large central bass speaker. The amp is mountes vertically where the seat back would normally reside. I added a custom speaker grille (tweeters?) from Foose's 67 Charger on a reworked rear shelf. I suspect it would sound great...

CT

• 5 months later...