[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Maintenance   03/14/2019

The board is going offline Saturday, May 25th, from 9 AM PDT until 3 PM for a software upgrade. See posting in General.
Sign in to follow this  
yellowsportwagon

Donnie Allison Chevelle

Posted (edited)

Ok so here goes. This is Donnie’s 1973 Digard Chevelle . This is the Missing Link Chevelle turned back to a stock car. I wanted the nice grille and corrected roofline.This was a Bobby Allison built frt steer short rear trailing arm Chassis .Im using an AMT 69 Cutlass chassis. Lowered all around . Rear upper arms removed and replaced with a single tubular like Allison did them. Highly modified AMT TBird roll cage.Still lots to be done.

102F6786-3D8B-45D3-BEEE-2422DFAAA939.jpeg

31C1AF5D-A406-478E-B350-FED06AA6B544.jpeg

Edited by yellowsportwagon

Now you are getting into the same territory I did! looks good so far.

Looks good. Do you have a copy of the stock car magazine article on the Allison chassis? We may have posted it here somewhere.

7 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

Looks good. Do you have a copy of the stock car magazine article on the Allison chassis? We may have posted it here somewhere.

No but it’s online. The chassis it shows is a short track car. It has a quick change rear end in it. But it does give you a good perspective on how Bobby built them. I changed the Panhard rod location from where it was in that article. I’ve seen other Allison chassis with the Panhard rod s I’ve placed it.

18 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

No but it’s online. The chassis it shows is a short track car. It has a quick change rear end in it. But it does give you a good perspective on how Bobby built them. I changed the Panhard rod location from where it was in that article. I’ve seen other Allison chassis with the Panhard rod s I’ve placed it.

Tim, do you have a link to the article? 

3 hours ago, afx said:

Tim, do you have a link to the article? 

Google Bobby Allison Builds a Monte Carlo. That’s how I found it. Look in images