Model Cars Magazine Forum

Donnie Allison Chevelle

yellowsportwagon

Ok so here goes. This is Donnie’s 1973 Digard Chevelle . This is the Missing Link Chevelle turned back to a stock car. I wanted the nice grille and corrected roofline.This was a Bobby Allison built frt steer short rear trailing arm Chassis .Im using an AMT 69 Cutlass chassis. Lowered all around . Rear upper arms removed and replaced with a single tubular like Allison did them. Highly modified AMT TBird roll cage.Still lots to be done.

102F6786-3D8B-45D3-BEEE-2422DFAAA939.jpeg

31C1AF5D-A406-478E-B350-FED06AA6B544.jpeg

Edited by yellowsportwagon

7 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

Looks good. Do you have a copy of the stock car magazine article on the Allison chassis? We may have posted it here somewhere.

No but it’s online. The chassis it shows is a short track car. It has a quick change rear end in it. But it does give you a good perspective on how Bobby built them. I changed the Panhard rod location from where it was in that article. I’ve seen other Allison chassis with the Panhard rod s I’ve placed it.

18 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

No but it’s online. The chassis it shows is a short track car. It has a quick change rear end in it. But it does give you a good perspective on how Bobby built them. I changed the Panhard rod location from where it was in that article. I’ve seen other Allison chassis with the Panhard rod s I’ve placed it.

Tim, do you have a link to the article? 

5 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Not even finished and its already the best I have ever seen of that car. Awesome work as always.

I’ve had the decals for years. Waiting on the body from Missing Link. Just so I could turn it back to a stock car ?. The roofline looks so much better on this body than the MPC roof. The old AMT roof was abysmal at best. As I’ve grown older the seventies cars have really grown on me. They made killer looking race cars with their bulging curvy bodies.

Credit a lot of the looks to Missing Link. And Tom that mastered this body. The roof proportions are way better than that horrible old AMT body. And better than the MPC this was made from. They really made the car look “Right”.

2 hours ago, Jim N said:

Really outstanding work Tim.  I am not sure I have seen one of these Chevelles look better!

53 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Glad to see that the hood does fit flush. I was worried in some of the previous pictures. Looking forward to the official final pictures.

That hood has been a thorn in my side. It fits ok. Not as nice as I’d like. But it just refuses to be perfect. I may have drooped the fenders too much causing the issues. You can only bend the hood so much before %^*+# happens.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 8:46 AM, yellowsportwagon said:

That hood has been a thorn in my side. It fits ok. Not as nice as I’d like. But it just refuses to be perfect. I may have drooped the fenders too much causing the issues. You can only bend the hood so much before %^*+# happens.

They had fitment issues on the 1:1 as well, seen many old stock cars in NC museums and you can see where bondo was built up on the edge of the hood to get them flush.