Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well it was fun while it lasted

Rusty92

I just finished my Spring semester at college and I thought I would have some more time to be at the bench. Well that lasted about a week. Started a new job, studying for the CPA exam, and finishing up my last class this summer for my Masters. UGH! I was looking forward to building again so bad. I hope maybe I can get in an hour here or there. I hope to never stop building, it's bad enough when I can't build for months at a time.  

First let me congratulate you on your studies. My wife is a CPA and I had to tip toe around the house the last 3 years of her studies so I know what all you are facing.  Getting the four parts of the exam is very difficult but getting them done as soon as posable while it is all fresh to you is best. Models will always be there when time permits.  

On 5/16/2019 at 12:47 PM, Jantrix said:

Jacob, I'm right there with ya. I have a full time job and a 10 acre homestead. There is a never ending honey-do list. 

Rob I figured you would know where I was coming from. Figured you were busy with your new homestead! The list doesn't ever end, you are right.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:50 PM, Jim N said:

Life always seems to get in the way of fun.  Best of luck to you taking a summer class and studying for the CPA.  You have a full plate.

I agree, I just want to get to the bench a little every night. My work bench doubles as my school and "professional" desk. Thanks for the kind words Jim. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:24 PM, espo said:

First let me congratulate you on your studies. My wife is a CPA and I had to tip toe around the house the last 3 years of her studies so I know what all you are facing.  Getting the four parts of the exam is very difficult but getting them done as soon as posable while it is all fresh to you is best. Models will always be there when time permits.  

David, thank you for the kind thoughts. It is a lot of work and you know it first hand. I hope to get 3 parts done this summer and take 1 part in the fall. Models will always be there, you are right.

Thanks to all of you. I appreciate the support! Now I'll have to get back to studying.