Model Cars Magazine Forum

Third Celebrity Death this Week

SfanGoch

You knew it was coming...........

Grumpy Cat, Internet Celebrity With a Piercing Look of Contempt, Is Dead at 7

We'll miss ya, kid. You were a role model for angry felines everywhere.

image.png.ba49ad42902c22ee43675d7c6f3309ec.png

I know this makes four; however, I'd leave Peggy Lipton off that list. Clarence Williams III clearly was the more accomplished thespian who single-handedly carried the "Mod Squad". Julie Barnes was mere hippy eye candy in comparison.

image.png.1d0cf78587fef86a5fdc3c72069227a8.png

Edited by SfanGoch

Role model for angry felines? Role model for everyone who just stopped caring about what others think.

The Grumpy Cat Christmas movie was actually pretty fantastic. Everyone should see it. Go buy it on Amazon, it's like $7. I mean, it's a horrible story, and the production is bad, but that's the charm. It always cracks me up, and is now standard seasonal viewing.

:)

On 5/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, slusher said:

Grumpy cat didn't live very long. My mother kept one 16 years..

I don't know if you know this but Grumpy Cat is a dwarf and had what is known in people as dwarfism. That is also the cause of the permanent frown, I'd bet it played a hand in her life span....

I'm a big cat fan so it saddens me she passed so young... 

Yeah, I would be devastated if I had a cat pass away that young. Nearly 10 years ago, I had one go.....he wasn't quite 10. Tore me up for weeks. He had liver failure and by the time I discovered what was wrong with him it was too late. :(

My Dad had a cat that lived to be 23. She was a tiny thing, but it wasn't dwarfism as far as I know.

I didn't know about Peggy Lipton till a couple days ago. I too am of that 'certain age' and remember her very well from "The Mod Squad". ;)

Actually, another quite well known human passed away last week.

Ufologist and nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman passed away last week. He was the first civilian person to investigate the Roswell incident and probably the best known UFO investigator.

He was a Fredericton resident. I did meet him once back in the mid '90s, we has friends from UNB in common. 

Edited by Can-Con

21 hours ago, SCRWDRVR said:

I don't know if you know this but Grumpy Cat is a dwarf and had what is known in people as dwarfism. That is also the cause of the permanent frown, I'd bet it played a hand in her life span....

I'm a big cat fan so it saddens me she passed so young... 

Thanks I didn't know that...

• 2 weeks later...