Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ham radio and model building

Does anyone know of any DMR talkgroups for model building discusstion? I know there are some ham radio operators here on forum.  I'm looking for discussions about model building on DMR radio. (Digital Mobile Radio). DMR has "talkgroups" sometimes dedicated to discussions of hobbies or interests.  One night I listened to a Net (discussion) of amateur astronomers and it was fascinating. For some reason ham radio and astronomy attract similar people.  I thought, maybe that may be true for the model building hobby.

Thanks,
Dave

On 5/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, dlh said:

Does anyone know of any DMR talkgroups for model building discusstion? I know there are some ham radio operators here on forum.  I'm looking for discussions about model building on DMR radio. (Digital Mobile Radio). DMR has "talkgroups" sometimes dedicated to discussions of hobbies or interests.  One night I listened to a Net (discussion) of amateur astronomers and it was fascinating. For some reason ham radio and astronomy attract similar people.  I thought, maybe that may be true for the model building hobby.

Thanks,
Dave

I am also a HAM. I mostly do CW but have done my share of digital. It has gotten so boring ( for me ). Most have gone to digital FT8 and the computer does all the work for you. All you have to do is pick the one you want to try and get the contact with. Then the computer will keep trying until the other end acknowledges, then the computer will send a pre programmed short message that you got it and then it will log it. All you have to do is sit and look at the screen for hours if that is what you enjoy doing. Fast way of getting wallpaper of was, wac or what ever certificate you want to hang on the wall. Very boring. I am not a paper chaser so ham radio is just about gone for me. I do like to sit and chat a little and get to faintly know the other ends lifestyle. PSK31 used to be the mode I used because you could chat a little and just enjoy meeting and typing about things. Now it is hard to find anyone doing this mode. FT8 is all over facebook. Thats the only way you'll get to know the other ends lifestyle.