Model Cars Magazine Forum

A&N Model Trucks - Small truck “M-S”. Full resin kit, 1/24 (Mercedes-Benz Sprinter)

2 hours ago, thatz4u said:

looks like a great start for a motor home....

At first, “...too bad it’s not the Sprinter van”, then I immediately thought the same thing, a van cutaway for a motorhome!

AE5C2A66-512B-4508-B11B-7E6F44325DFC.jpeg

Edited by vincen47

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like a cool kit, but I don't see a Sprinter as a tow truck. The website shows 7430 lbs as maximum payload for a chassis cab. After the rollback bed is added, it certainly wouldn't be able to move a very large vehicle,  at least what we see in the US. Sorry, can't tow your Tahoe, but I can tow your Equinox! 

I would pick another bed option for a US vehicle. 

On 8/23/2019 at 5:01 AM, Rodent said:

It looks like a cool kit, but I don't see a Sprinter as a tow truck. The website shows 7430 lbs as maximum payload for a chassis cab. After the rollback bed is added, it certainly wouldn't be able to move a very large vehicle,  at least what we see in the US. Sorry, can't tow your Tahoe, but I can tow your Equinox! 

I would pick another bed option for a US vehicle. 

In the US that would be the case but here in Europe on the other hand, these are not all that rare. Towing companies usually have vehicles of many sizes and I have seen similar once to this used on smaller jobs. Infact, here in Norway, it has no become quite common for people with electric bicycles (they are sold in huge numbers here in the last few years) to call for a towtruck if they get in to trouble and this thing could easily carry a bicycle with a batterypack on it.
I also know people that own similar trucks that are used for transporting cars, mostly small cars of course. Something like a VW beetle, a Mini or maybe a Lotus/Caterham 7:)

5 hours ago, Atmobil said:

In the US that would be the case but here in Europe on the other hand, these are not all that rare. Towing companies usually have vehicles of many sizes and I have seen similar once to this used on smaller jobs. Infact, here in Norway, it has no become quite common for people with electric bicycles (they are sold in huge numbers here in the last few years) to call for a towtruck if they get in to trouble and this thing could easily carry a bicycle with a batterypack on it.
I also know people that own similar trucks that are used for transporting cars, mostly small cars of course. Something like a VW beetle, a Mini or maybe a Lotus/Caterham 7:)

???