Model Cars Magazine Forum

`70 Hurst Chrysler 300

I am aware that Jo-han did a `68 Chrysler 300. However, I was wondering, if the `70 Hurst Chrysler 300 has ever been cast in 1:25 scale as a promo, annual or by a resin caster.

Chrysler, in conjunction with Hurst Performance Corporation, developed the A-12 Chrysler 300 Hurst package with high-performance 440ci V8 TNT engine, 727 Torque-Flite automatic transmission, specially designed fiberglass power bulge hood with two depressed rotary hood latches, a winged aerodynamic styled trunk spoiler, sweeping quarter extensions and a striking paint scheme of Spinnaker White with Gold Metallic accents and special striping. Additionally, the car was equipped with factory air conditioning, dual power leather bucket seats, power disc brakes, power steering, power rear deck lid release, power hideaway headlights, vinyl top, styled factory road wheels and a loaded of other luxury comforts.

14940798-1970-chrysler-300-std.jpg

14940797-1970-chrysler-300-std.jpg

14940799-1970-chrysler-300-std.jpg

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Thanks for the reply. The "small"  picture appears to be more in line with the "Hurst" version of the `70 Chrysler 300 with the trunk spoiler and hood air scoops.

image.jpg.009edc60effa88b2a90264f04d455318.jpg

The larger pictures are missing the aforementioned trunk/hood add-ons hence it appears to be more in line with the "stock" version of the subject.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Mine's an R+R but they're copies of the old AAM kits from the late '80s or early '90s. 

The AAM originally had separate hood and trunk lid so Art could release stock and Hurst versions. I don't think he ever did offer the Hurst one though. I don't know who's doing that version now. 

R+R went down a few years ago when the owner passed on, all the ones still for sale are old stock so get them while you can. 

And remember, contact Steve at Star before trying to purchase, it may already be out of stock but he may not have gotten around to deleting it from the website yet.

IMG 0850

Edited by Can-Con