Model Cars Magazine Forum

Printed trailer

4 hours ago, vincen47 said:

I think we’re all wondering about it. Is it your own design you’ve had printed? Looks like the start of a great project. 

I pose the questions of where did you get it and cost etc... Inquiring minds want to know Clayton! Lol ? 

Got off f/B,a lady name Mila Cox. 

little disappointed. The details are not that good. They need to be refined. It's a about 0.9 to 1MM. Not that flimsy but not that stiff. Yes it has a tail end.

It has air ride,not all that great,need to look at that a little more. The airbags are soft/ rubber like.

From the look of it  based on a 96" wide.

You can use the kit trailer for a idea on the floor and photos from the web.

With shipping it was $110.00 a tad pricey for what I got.

Don't think I will buy from her again. Maybe with a more practice she will get better.

11 hours ago, clayton said:

Got off f/B,a lady name Mila Cox. 

little disappointed. The details are not that good. They need to be refined. It's a about 0.9 to 1MM. Not that flimsy but not that stiff. Yes it has a tail end.

It has air ride,not all that great,need to look at that a little more. The airbags are soft/ rubber like.

From the look of it  based on a 96" wide.

You can use the kit trailer for a idea on the floor and photos from the web.

With shipping it was $110.00 a tad pricey for what I got.

Don't think I will buy from her again. Maybe with a more practice she will get better.

Looks like a half way good starter though, better than not having one at all. The $110.00 is a bit scary though!! WOW.... Thanks for the info!!!

I may have over reacted,she is maybe new to the hobby and home crafter and not having proper info and a ton of money she  doing the best as she can.

I've tried to get info from big companies all I got was a slap on the back with a see ya later. We shall see.

Dr. Check your box.

1 hour ago, clayton said:

I may have over reacted,she is maybe new to the hobby and home crafter and not having proper info and a ton of money she  doing the best as she can.

I've tried to get info from big companies all I got was a slap on the back with a see ya later. We shall see.

Dr. Check your box.

Even if she is new, it looks pretty good!!

I've built a few things 3D printed by Shapeways in their finest material.  The technology still isn't up to injection molded quality and I'd say close to resin but I find resin easier to work with.  That said, if you need something that isn't available anywhere else, sometimes it's better than nothing.  With some extra work, the 3D printed stuff can look ok.