Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lambo Silhouette

Kit Basher

Testors kit. This is what I had to start with:

DSCN1774.JPG

The paint is AutoAir Sparklescent "Blizzard Blue". This is one of those motorized kits, so no engine or detailed chassis. The roof was missing from the kit. There were no tires or wheels in the kit, so I hope any Lambo purists will forgive me for using what I had. Suggestions for improvement always welcome. Thanks for looking.

DSCN1782.JPG

DSCN1783.JPG

DSCN1785.JPG

DSCN1788.JPG

DSCN1789.JPG

Edited by Kit Basher

5 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

That's awesome, rare subject, and you rescued it.  My only critique is the back tires should be wider.  Wheels are a very subjective subject anyway.

Thanks Kurt! I appreciate your feedback. I know what you mean about the tires. I also have a Jota kit that does include tires, and the rears are much wider than the fronts. Unfortunately, these are the only tires I had that fit these wheels, and they are the only wheels I had that fit this car. I think they look pretty good, but they are definitely not stock Silhouette wheels.

12 minutes ago, Kit Basher said:

Thanks Kurt! I appreciate your feedback. I know what you mean about the tires. I also have a Jota kit that does include tires, and the rears are much wider than the fronts. Unfortunately, these are the only tires I had that fit these wheels, and they are the only wheels I had that fit this car. I think they look pretty good, but they are definitely not stock Silhouette wheels.

Welcome.  A pet peeve of mine, are the old Monogram kits of the Porsche Turbo and Countach, that have the same size tires all around.  Any five spoke wheel works.  You could always blow money on aftermarket wheel/tires, but don't worry about it!  Again, the fact you restored this is very impressive.  You have Maserati Boomerang, or Ferrari Rainbow by chance?  I'm into these exotics.

13 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Welcome.  A pet peeve of mine, are the old Monogram kits of the Porsche Turbo and Countach, that have the same size tires all around.  Any five spoke wheel works.  You could always blow money on aftermarket wheel/tires, but don't worry about it!  Again, the fact you restored this is very impressive.  You have Maserati Boomerang, or Ferrari Rainbow by chance?  I'm into these exotics.

As you probably know, the stock Silhouette wheels have five circular openings in them. I found some wheels in the parts box that have six holes in them. I don't know what they go to, but they just didn't look right. I don't have a Boomerang or Rainbow. My last auction find included the Silhouette and Jota, Ferrari 250 GTO, 512S, Testarossa, 288 GTO metal kit, Porsche 924, two 1/12 F1 kits, and a 1/25 F1 kit. I can tell you like exotics, I love the way you chop them up and make something totally new.