Model Cars Magazine Forum

10 hours ago, Atmobil said:

Very nice, I like the colors. Is it me or does this kit look a bit like it is sagging in the rear? I have seen the same with other builds aswell.

Yes it sits a little low in the rear, I wasn’t able to fix it because I was building it Box Stock for our clubs monthly theme. 

And thanks for reminding about it because now I can go back and fix that issue. 

25FF5C68-3898-4123-A95F-C3F5D20D31CD.jpeg

Edited by tuffone20
  • Like 1

On 31.5.2019 at 1:01 PM, tuffone20 said:

Yes it sits a little low in the rear, I wasn’t able to fix it because I was building it Box Stock for our clubs monthly theme. 

And thanks for reminding about it because now I can go back and fix that issue. 

25FF5C68-3898-4123-A95F-C3F5D20D31CD.jpeg

I'm thinking it is a very easy fix. 4 bits of equal thinkness styrene between each end of the rear springs and the floorpan (maybe just 2mm is needed) and it is fixed. Another idea is to put something that looks heavy in the bed.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:32 PM, Atmobil said:

I'm thinking it is a very easy fix. 4 bits of equal thinkness styrene between each end of the rear springs and the floorpan (maybe just 2mm is needed) and it is fixed. Another idea is to put something that looks heavy in the bed.

Yep maybe something like this in the bed. 

71A3F7AD-3B02-4F11-AA57-848A538F74D3.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really nice job!  I didn't know such a kit existed.  My dad got a used '72, the first year of this body style.  When I was a kid and these came out, was excited about the wrap-around taillights.  I'm sort of surprised these are not popular for restoring.

• 2 weeks later...