Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's my El Camino all finished. It's kind of one of those six footers. It's painted Testors Flat Red enamel with a coat of there Wet Look Clear laquer for the clear coat. I didn't like the tail dragger look out of the box so I added spacers to the rear end to give it a stance I prefer. Thanks for looking.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally found the pic I had taken with the tail dragger look on my first test fit before adding spacers to the rear end. I also had to cut the rear exhaust mounting tabs back quite a bit to suck the tail pipes up off the ground.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Really nice. 

Now that you mention the tail dragger stance...i look at the one I finished and wish I had noticed! maybe I'll just fab up a box of some kind to put in the back.

I like the paint scheme on yours. Much more aggressive than others I've seen, including mine. 

:)

You turned what in my opinion is a so-so looking kit into something very impressive.  The colors and detailing are excellent, but doing a rather simple alteration like changing the stance is a real game changer on this kit.  Going to pay more attention to the stance on my future builds.....thanks.