Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mid-Atlantic NNL 05/11/19

styromaniac

Well...nobody else seems to have posted any pics of the MAMA ( Maryland Automotive Modelers Assoc ) show on Sat May 11th...so I guess I'll post a few. Themes were TROG - the Race of Gentlemen....and Rally Cars. ( I arrived late so unfortunately I wasn't able to get pics of everything and get to all the vendors ).

20190511_123032.jpg

20190511_125627.jpg

20190511_125558.jpg

20190511_123121.jpg

20190511_125611.jpg

20190511_130031.jpg

20190511_123026.jpg

This was the trophy for the TROG - "The Race of Gentlemen" theme, an Offenhauser valve cover turned into a wall clock....donated by vendor Ron Bradley. It was won by modeler Tom Geiger...who posts regularly on this site. 

20190511_125706.jpg

Edited by styromaniac

Indeed it was Brad. Sadly I arrived 3 hrs after the show opened so it was everything I could do to grab a few shots and hit some of the vendors before people started packing stuff up. It was well attended...with a good variety of builds. If interested in seeing more you can go to the Maryland Automotive Modelers Assoc website and check out links to some of the member's Fotki photo albums...prez Tim Powers took a lot of pics.

Edited by styromaniac

I was out of town so it's the first one I have missed in a long time.  Yes there are a lot of pictures via links on the MAMA website.  Here's two of the Veber's and Bradford's.. We are so luck to have both of these resin masters in the same club.

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4525.JPG

13 minutes ago, afx said:

Steve, you had some fine looking TROG builds at the show. I particularly liked this.

20190511_123032.jpg

Thanks JC. The reason I was running late that day was because I was working late every night leading up to the event trying to bring three or four TROG themed builds to completion ...didnt get there...the twin four banger needs wiring . But it was a good building lesson. Maybe I'll finish it for the February IPMS show.

Sorry I missed it this year again fellas! :( Looks like it was a good show!

Wasn't feeling quite well, so I thought it best I not try to drive down there.

Hopefully next year and then there's the Super September Showdown coming up before we know it. I gotta put in for time off for that Sunday night though. No way could I get to the show and them make it back home in time to get enough sleep for work that night.

39 minutes ago, afx said:

Steve, you had some fine looking TROG builds at the show. I particularly liked this.

20190511_123032.jpg

Like I mentioned to you at the show JC....I was into TROG before there even was a TROG. My first builds as an adult modeler returning to the field back in the 90s were subject matter that wouldve looked at home on the dry lakes back in the post war period. Guess that makes me a bona fide TROGlodyte!