Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Tire '70 Impala project started

bykr

Looking good. I love a big, heavy, fast Impala. I built a 9 second 66 Impala, with nitrous a little over a year ago. 

I have a 70 kit in my stash. Is your body straight, or did it need some tweaking to get it straight? Mine is a bit crooked probably because of no fender or cowl support. 

Ill be following your build. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 8:45 PM, Alan said:

Sweet,

Where are the wheels and tires, intake and trans from?

Thanks. The rear wheels are slot car wheels I get from a guy on here, the tires are from www.futurattraction.com and the intake and trans are from the parts box, I believe they're resin.

Edited by bykr

9 hours ago, bykr said:

Thanks. The rear wheels are slot car wheels I get from a guy on here, the tires are from www.futurattraction.com and the intake and trans are from the parts box, I believe they're resin.

I want a few of those intakes !! Think hard, where is it from?!?!   :)

Some minor progress on the build. Shaved the Impala emblems , opened up the rear wheelwells and painted the interior tub and chassis-my first attempt with an airbrush! I got the big block from BNL resins with split dominators on a tunnel ram.

IMG_3153.JPG

IMG_3154.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fish_65 said:

Super cool project. I'll be watching. What are the new front wheels ?

I have a stalled project that's almost identical to yours. I used a modified Revell '67 Chevelle Pro St chassis under mine.

Thanks for the kind words.

The wheels are slot car wheels I got from a guy on here named Vince in the trader section.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:  Body painted using Testors Colors by Boyd Chezoom Teal and Testors enamel clear. Interior tub finished, radiator core support and firewall detailed. Currently working on final body detail, should be wrapping this up soon.

IMG_3302.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I’m totally blown away. Your details, especially under the hood are top notch. 

What did you use for your under hood plumbing? Styrene hex, or aluminum? Also what did you use for the braided line? 

This build is getting me in the mood to do another big, fast car, using my 70 Impala body.