Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the longest amount of time you waited for something you ordered and paid for?

On 5/21/2019 at 1:12 PM, kitbash1 said:

I can beat that. Almost 2 years for an order from the same company. Our Harry had to get involved to get my order from him. Also I'm still waiting for an order from Arrowhead Aluiminum thats been dragging on for over 3 years. 

Yep, I got caught by Arrowhead about a decade ago - it was only a low value order but it never came.

Also, Hiroboy - although I understand they're usually good.  About 3 years ago I paid for some photoetch that they didn't have in stock and the guy messaged and said "we'll send it when it comes in".  I just remembered about that!  :D

If you want to include the longest time "ever" waited, I placed an order with Auto World somewhere around 1973. It took 12 months. Every month they'd send  me a letter asking if I wanted to cancel, which I didn't. That's excellent customer service. 

1 hour ago, Draggon said:

If you want to include the longest time "ever" waited, I placed an order with Auto World somewhere around 1973. It took 12 months. Every month they'd send  me a letter asking if I wanted to cancel, which I didn't. That's excellent customer service. 

When I was a kid, I was an army brat living in Germany, era of 1969-72.  My lifeline to American modeling was Model Car Science Magazine, which was sold in the PX Bookstore,  and the AutoWorld catalog.  Those orders took 3-6 months via military APO seapost!  

If I remember correctly , I waited four and a half months for some Brick looking card stock that was manufactured in Germany . I tried several vendors who handled the product and NO ONE had any . This was when I was building the Powell House , aka Crossroads coffee house 

Crossroads Coffee house By Greg layton 10-20-2018.jpg

I guess I would rather just praise the guys who do

a great job of getting the orders filled and shipped

in good way myself!?!  

Like "Drag City Castings" gets his stuff out in the

same week most of the time.  Ed Fluck is a good

and honest after-market caster for sure!!!

But I did wait like 3 months for something from

Japan already, but that is a long way by boat! :) 

16 hours ago, mod3l Lover said:

in good way myself!?!  

That's a good point and a great way approach matters like this. The positive way! Great initiative.

A topic like that will show readers where they should go instead of shouldn't go... In the end, that's what one wants to know: where to go to get ... ?

Took about 4 months to get the  S10 extended cab from Perry's Resin. Was going to order some parts from Reliable, but when I asked him if they were in stock or cast to order, he beat around the bush. That was my signal to not order anything. Most of my experiences have been pleasant!

On 5/28/2019 at 9:12 AM, mod3l Lover said:

in good way myself!?!  

Both of those guys have excellent reputations! There's a guy on Ebay I buy metal from (6061dude). He's in Colorado Springs, which helps speed delivery, however, two weeks ago (3:00 AM, Monday), I ordered two aluminum bars. They were in my mailbox on Tuesday! Shipping has always been free on the small quantities I've bought, as well. The prices are pretty good, too. In case anybody is looking for brass or aluminum stock.