Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lifetime subscription

I just got an email offering lifetime subscription to our favorite model magazine.Real or bogus I did not open till I

checked it out here first.Anyone else get it?

5 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

Has there been n announcement for those of us NOT signed up for Paypal?

Not sure but on the home page for MCM there is a post office box listed in Hawaii for a mailing address. If you don't have a PayPal account, I am sure Gregg would take a check or money order for $150 lifetime subscription.

Guys, I have known Gregg for a couple of years longer than he brought out the magazine. He is an honest honorable guy.  He has said numerous times that your subscriptions will be honored. If you have 5 issues left, you will get 5 issues. Maybe this will get all of your attentions.

KNOCK OFF THE GRIPING ABOUT YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS !!!!!!!! YOU WILL GET THEM !!!!

18 minutes ago, BigTallDad said:

I think the cost of a lifetime subscription should be based on one's age...I'm 76 and not about to pay $150 for what might turn out to a few short years.

If I were you, I would wait for the magazine to come out and buy it then. Given the past history, you would  be money ahead, just my opinion.

Signed up as soon as I received the e-mail . If that's all it takes to get things going in the right direction , I'm all in .

You guys need to get off your butts and support the magazine , that's what got this form started and it needs us now .

5 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

Guys, I have known Gregg for a couple of years longer than he brought out the magazine. He is an honest honorable guy.  He has said numerous times that your subscriptions will be honored. If you have 5 issues left, you will get 5 issues. Maybe this will get all of your attentions.

I'm from Missouri- SHOW ME !

It's been nearly three years since the last magazine Vince.

48 minutes ago, oldnslow said:

Signed up as soon as I received the e-mail . If that's all it takes to get things going in the right direction , I'm all in .

You guys need to get off your butts and support the magazine , that's what got this form started and it needs us now .

Same here except that I took the PayPal route. 

I have learned more about building models from this forum and its accompanying magazine than I have from all other sources combined. I truly enjoy coming to this forum and reading the posts and seeing all the photos that community members upload.  It would be sad if all that went away. That's why I offer my support, not derision, pessimism and skepticism. Support- for something that I very much wish to see continue.

Thanks,

David G.

Ya know... what bothers me here is the number of people that will come to this forum and eat the free food off the man's table... and then use that table to ridicule him!

IF you are in, it's good to support it.  If you aren't, it's good to keep your mouth shut on the man's board.  Show a minuscule amount of respect!

9 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

I don't think it is griping as much as expecting to get  what you have paid for. There are numerous posts on this board about members not getting what they have paid for whether it be from resin casters, sellers on eBay or Facebook, or even their end of a trade, and I have seen some that start complaining when it is not on their doorstep in a day or two after the purchase or trade. If you have truly been a friend of Gregg's since before the magazine came out, then you should also be aware the magazine has had a history of being late through the years, not three years late as it is now, but still late regardless and not only those on this forum know that. 

I had a case almost 15 years ago, 15 YEARSwhere I had asked one of my local shops that carried every other hobby related magazine including model railroad interest magazines and R/C magazines to carry MCM. The shop that I normally bought the magazine from had closed for a while after being devastated by a flood, so I couldn't get MCM for a time while that shop was recovering from the flood. The other shop owner had said after I asked him to carry MCM "I won't carry it because the publishcation schedule is so erratic I never know when the next issue will come in." I'm sure there are many issues of the magazine from years ago I would be able to find in the editor's corner where it has been said by Gregg "I'm going to get the magazine back on schedule" or something to that effect and it never seems to happen. 

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Ya know... what bothers me here is the number of people that will come to this forum and eat the free food off the man's table... and then use that table to ridicule him!

IF you are in, it's good to support it.  If you aren't, it's good to keep your mouth shut on the man's board.  Show a minuscule amount of respect!

Totally agree with Tom!

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I agree with this also. The years I have been on the forum are well worth the money I just spent on the offer. Most of us will spend more than this just on the New release trucks and cars before the end of the year. 

• Xingu locked this topic