Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger 500

mrmike

This is my '69 Charger 500 which has been rebuilt for the third time.  Originally paint with Tamiya XF-28 Dark Copper with Tamiya X-22 Gloss Clear shot through my Badger 200 airbrush.  I used the chassis and the interior from the AMT '69 GTX and the interior is brush painted with Model Master Classic White.  I changed the steelies and hubcaps to Magnum 500s andGoodyear White Lettered Tires.

Charger50007.JPG

Charger50008.JPG

Charger50009.JPG

Charger50010.JPG

Charger50011.JPG

Charger50012.JPG

Charger50013.JPG

Charger50014.JPG

Charger50015.JPG

Thank you Charlie and Matthew!  I had heard that there were about 380+ Charger 500s built instead of the NASCAR required 500.  I wish that Revell would produce one which should be fairly easy for them to do.  They have the molds for the '68, '69, and the '70.  A Charger 500 body and interior would be rather easy, I would think...

I'm trying to fix the hood to match the front fenders on the '69 Charger 500.  I've posted again on my WIP thread.  When I have updated the hood to my liking, I'll post a final picture on this thread.  

Nice work MM. Reminds me this car I saw over the weekend at the Mopars in the Park show in MN.

So happy that AMT gave us the 68/69/70 B-Body chassis. So versatile and fits so well under a lot of Mopars.

Gold1969_500.jpg