Model Cars Magazine Forum

Early Jeepster Hood & Body

Very cool! Note that there are two different interior panels in the kits. The long sided one was only in the first issue, it was cut down for the half cab. I need one side to finish a model.  I will ask if they'll sell me a pair! 

Edited by Tom Geiger

1 minute ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very cool! Notice that there are two different interior panels shown. The long sided one was only in the first issue, it was cut down for the half cab. I need one side to finish a model.  I will ask if they'll sell me a pair! 

Not sure I understand your statement Tom.

There are two panels there because one is for the left side and the other is for the right side. Yes, the originals were modified for the re-issue with the half cab.

10 hours ago, gui_tarzan said:

Sorry guys, I haven't had a chance to update the website yet. Hopefully soon. There is also a 'vert top and the full wagon hard top coming, as well as a Jeepster-style snowplow. 

Well now I am just gonna have to wait and really blow my hobby budget with that news Jim!

• 4 weeks later...

It's great that these are available, but of course this is after i just spent the last couple years trying to find affordable restoration pieces for this body style (especially the full length roof). And now that I have all the parts I need, these builds are going to start popping up all over the place. :rolleyes:

Again, it's great that these are coming out. I may have to buy one myself. The other stuff i have purchased from them has all been excellent.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, alexis said:

Well, I know where I'm spend my Birthday Money!  Thanks, Jim. What is that transmission/ X-Fer case for? Jeep or Bronco?

That is a trans/transfer case from the '70's. almost looks like the one in the AMT 72 Blazer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, Mr. Metallic said:

It's great that these are available, but of course this is after i just spent the last couple years trying to find affordable restoration pieces for this body style (especially the full length roof). And now that I have all the parts I need, these builds are going to start popping up all over the place. :rolleyes:

Again, it's great that these are coming out. I may have to buy one myself. The other stuff i have purchased from them has all been excellent.

You could be pleasantly surprised soon... :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, goldfinger said:

It would be nice if they just sold the front fenders and hood so you could retro the '72 version. I have converted a few and collected a few more I would like to convert also.

I would contact them and see if they would. They might have a body that the back end didn't come out of the mold and could sell you the front half. If you don't ask, you won't know!

Mine showed up today but unfortunately I am not home for a few days to see it!