Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's only plastic

Well, it seems i'm on the wrong side of the forum....been looking at this duster for i think a couple of years now, and never liked the body shape, so yesterday i was just in one of those I don't care moods. So i took a saw to it, moved the roof back a little over a 1/2", filled in the grille, added a spoiler and side skirts. Got it primed this morning, probably go back in the box now, lol

2019-05-22_13-07-53_664-1.jpg

2019-05-22_13-08-13_312.jpg

2019-05-24_11-17-20_95.jpg

2019-05-24_12-00-41_497.jpg

2019-05-24_12-00-48_965.jpg

2019-05-22_13-14-02_728-1.jpg

Sorry, my interweb has a thing about going off in the afternoons during summer. Yeah, im a little more excited about working on this since it went so well. Got a more massaging to do before paint, but its really an easy conversion. I had the chassis slated for a 48 Fiat model of a 1:1 a freind owns, but looks like it will have to wait. Maybe more in a few days, thanks

First, I wish I had the nerve to try and pull that off - it looks great!  What did you use to fill in the hood - sheet plastic and filler? You might want to see if there is a way to open the side windows up vertically - Ramchargers and this Custom Body car seem to be like that. https://www.google.com/search?q=custom+body+dart+funny+car&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=5ER1EfInBxllaM:

Edited by Chris in Berwyn

On 5/25/2019 at 10:29 AM, signguy2108 said:

Yeah, im a little more excited about working on this since it went so well. Maybe more in a few days, thanks

Looks like you just need to bring the back axle UP about 4mm 

keep it up

Edited by Belugawrx

It WILL get finished, lowered it a little but can't take much out of the side windows else u start thinning the width of the roof. Im going more for a current built nostalgia car and there is 3 or 4 different styles on these anyway. It finally stopped raining every other day and I got snapped back into the real world for a few weeks, but ill get more done to it soon.....thanks for the interest