Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well Loved GT Ford

Plashdaddy

Hi, thought I’d share pics of this one I got from my uncle (the original owner)

My Grandad would take him & his sister to the local slot car track in the sixties to race. They went often, judging by the battle scars on this old warhorse. His sister’s (my mum) car is long gone (allegedly a blue Ferrari)

F249AC67-A15A-48C8-8AD5-E6190B89CC82.jpeg

3F88B8DB-F51C-47F6-A725-DDD6A005778A.jpeg

F546215A-2C06-4E3C-BC33-403B4C43E133.jpeg

Thanks for the additional pictures, Peter. The LS brand slot car is rarely seen in North America. It's nice to see

one up close like this. Have you thought about restoring it or would you prefer to keep it as is for sentimental reasons?

I think you  are absolutely correct Rex.  Its got the high side scopes and louvers in the spider of GT103 and the front of the nose below the beltline of the '65 to match the box art but those headlamps drive me nuts with their length.  Oh yeah, the box is mislabeled as 64 and should be 65.

5cec927e223b6_Ford_GT40_GT104_1965_72_Daytona_Ginther-Bondurant_89.jpg.faf63c9807b2d29dd74417e4b3cb0778.jpg

Edited by Gramps46

1 minute ago, Gramps46 said:

I think you  are absolutely correct Rex.  Its got the high side scopes and louvers in the spider of GT103 and the front of the nose below the beltline of the "65 but those headlamps drive me nuts with their length.

I'll probably modify the lights but due to the simple nature and lack of detail of this kit it will be a long time before it sees the workbench. Perhaps the front end was going to be the X-1 style but with some slot cars as you know it was more about fitting the chassis and accuracy took a back seat.

3 hours ago, jokar124 said:

Thanks for the additional pictures, Peter. The LS brand slot car is rarely seen in North America. It's nice to see

one up close like this. Have you thought about restoring it or would you prefer to keep it as is for sentimental reasons?

It’s had more hits than Elvis I’m afraid it’ll fall right apart if I try to restore it, plus yeah the sentimental reasons too.

worried those tyres are going to ruin the rest of it though.